Chapter 10

The house phone rang loudly repeatedly. Gemini groaned before she got up and brushed away the final tear that fell from her puffy red, dulling blue eyes.

"Hey," Florence stopped her. "Put a smile on that dial." She grinned, as Gemini mirrored her action.

"Thank you, Florence." She smiled warmly before pulling her into a tight hug.

"It's okay." Florence whispered into her ear before the ringing became rowdy and down right annoying.

"I gotta go deal with whoever this is." Gemini grumbled as she exaggerated a sigh. She quickly went up to the phone as she sniffled. Luckily in her case, the phone was just down the hall and not far at all. She put it close to her ear as she took a deep breath and shut her eyes.

"Hello-"

"Why haven't you been picking up your phone? I've called you almost a hundred times!" Mother screeched into the phone, making Gemini pull away instantly. Her eyes drifted up to her phone that sat comfortably in the wall, thanks to Harry's harsh throw.

"Um, I lost it." Gemini lied.

"Ugh you're so stupid I don't even understand why I got you in the first place." Mother muttered. "Anyway, I've been staying at someone's house-"

"Someone means one person. I'm pretty sure you've been to many houses." Gemini hissed into the phone.

"Gemini how dare you interrupt and say that to your Mother!"

"You're not my Mother." Gemini replied simply.

"I swear to God," Mother murmured before she continued in a less than polite manner. "On Thursday that nun from the Orphanage is coming over to see how it's going so you better be home and you better BEHAVE!"

"Yeah whatever." Gemini sighed before putting the phone on the hook. She couldn't be bothered to deal with her Mother, so she simply gave up.

"Way to be blunt with her." A man chuckled in a British accent.

Gemini turned instantly to see the man who had helped Harry calm down in the heated argument only moments before.

"Better than getting to her level which is screaming and carrying on like an idiot." Gemini laughed uneasily.

"Valid I guess." He shrugged. His brown hair was brought up into a small quiff, his hair moving in all types of directions that was somewhat amusing and attractive. His blue eyes were darker than Gemini's and she loved the way he laughed and got tiny wrinkles around his eyes when he did.

"I'm Gemini." She introduced shyly.

"I'm Louis, but everyone calls me Lou." He smiled genuinely. "Told you we'd get to introduce ourselves."

Gemini found herself giggling before she looked to the ground, her eyes beginning to swell up again. She played with her fingers nervously as her mind dared to wander back to the past experience not long ago.

"How- how is he?" Gemini barely even made it a whisper.

"Nicer." Gemini laughed before rolling her eyes at Lou's answer.

"What?" He demanded softly.

"When is he ever nice." Gemini muttered under her breath.

"I can't tell you much because he keeps it all in, but what I do know is that you're the first one to bring out the 'nicer' side of him." Louis indicated.

Gemini looked up into his piercing blue eyes as he smiled, his demeanor so boisterous and cheerful - even when talking about heavy subjects like this. Gem put her lip in between her teeth as she sighed heavily, shutting her heavy eyelids in the process.