CHAPTER -20

Nandini was climbing the stairs when Mukti called her from behind.

Mukti - Choti ruk......

Nandini stopped and turned back.

Mukti - Kahan jaa rahi ho itni jaldi me.

Nandini - Wo mai ..... kahin nahin.

Mukti - Acha leave it. Mujhe tumse baat karni thi.

Nandini looked at her watch and said- Haan bolo na....

Mukti - Sorry wo mai subah tumhe lene nahi aayi hostel. But don't worry hum log Shaam ko sath me jayenge.

Nandini - Ok.

Again she looked at the watch.

Mukti - Kya hua. Baar baar tum time kyu dekh rahi ho. Kahi jaana hai kya?

Nandini - Haan woh......

Mukti - Baad me chale Jana. Pehle canteen chali mere sath.

Saying this Mukti held Nandini's hand and was going to the canteen.

Nandini was getting restless as Manik had asked her to come to the terrace in 5 min. And she was getting late.

Nandini - Mukti tum jao. Mujhe library me kuch urgent kaam hai mai wo complete karke aati hu.

Saying this Nandini rushed from there without giving Mukti a chance to stop her.

Nandini reached the terrace and found Manik pacing from end end to another end.

Nandini looked at the watch and found that she was 15 min late.

Nandini - MANIK.......

Manik turned towards her and said- Oh welcome......... welcome...... Miss Murthy..... Milgaya time apko..... itni jaldi kyon aayi ho. Aur bhi Kuch kaam hoga wo bhi karke aati .

Nandini - Manik I am sorry wo raaste me Dhruv aur Mukti milgaye the isliye late hogaya.

Manik held Nandini's arms tightly and said- Haan to jao na unhi ke paas . Yahan kyu aayi ho.

Nandini - Manik I m sorry. Gussa kyu ho rahe ho.

Manik - Gussa me nahi aau to aur kya karu. Kisi ko meri fikar nahi hai. Meri to koi importancehi nahi hai kisi ki life me. Sab ko apni padi hai.

Nandini- Manik aisa nahi hai. Tum galat samajh rahe ho.

Manik- Nahi nahi. Aisa hi hai. Tum bhi baki logo ki tarah ho. Why will you care for me . My feelings.

Nandini - Manik kya bol rahe ho tum. I care for you. I genuinely do.... Please aisa mat bolo.

Manik - Really......

Nandini - Haan Manik.

That was it for Manik.

He hugged Nandini immediately and started to cry.

Nandini was taken aback with this sudden hug. But she thought that consoling Manik must be her top priority.

So she chucked all the awkwardness and kept patting Manik's back.

Nandini had never thought that Manik who always acted cool and was ever happy had a vulnerable side to him.

Nandini - Manik please chup hojao. Stop crying.......

Manik felt relaxed in Nandini's arms.

All his worries got washed away with the soothing words of Nandini.

After few minutes Manik came back in his senses and broke the hug.

Manik - Nandini I am sorry. Mujhe tum Par aise chillana nahi chahiye tha. But....