Chapter 40

Sean shifted so that we were curled up on the couch together, face to face and he rubbed my back gently as he thought about his best friend. "I think that Owen has actually forgotten how to act his age." He said. "And no, he absolutely resists any of Gabe's attempts to dress him like the 20 year old guy that he is."

"Hmm.... Maybe for vacation, Gabriel can step up his game." I said before smiling at Sean and resting my palm on his cheek. I leaned in to kiss him lightly. "Want to hear my grand plan about teaching you to cook?"

He smiled. "Absolutely, Pookie. I'm actually excited that it will be my turn to use Luke's choice of music." He teased. I blushed. "Now now, I have to figure out a blushing cure to go with the giggle cure."

I rolled my eyes. "I guess." I said.

"I only speak the truth." He raised a hand. "I am definitely hot for teacher if you're teaching."

"Remind me to remove teaching from my career choice list. I can't have you walking around all day hot for me when we aren't together."

Sean laughed.

"Seriously though, you want to start on my grand plan?" I asked.

"Yes, Pookie." He nodded.

"Okay. Do you have notebooks and pens in that office of yours or is it strictly paperwork?" I teased. "Can we institute a trade? I really want to learn how to make the roses." I said.

He brightened. "You do? I would love to teach you how to make the roses." He said. "And yes, I do have notebooks and pens." He rolled his eyes at me, kissed me and managed to shift me out of the way all in one movement so he could get off the couch. "I'll teach you roses tomorrow." He said.

"Okay." I smiled as he padded down the hall to his office to get what I'd asked him to get. I couldn't help but admire how his butt looked in the jeans he was wearing today. Sean had an easy outlook on appearance. He dressed up just fine for school or when he had duties at the hospital but anytime he didn't have to be there, he was usually in jeans and a t-shirt. I made a mental note to remember t-shirts for his Christmas present this year. He was always wearing shirts for various music acts or random sayings. The fact that he loved to laugh wasn't lost on me anytime I saw him wearing a shirt with a saying.

It always made me laugh.

Usually giggle, yes, which meant I got a lot of curing later depending on who we were with.

I barely noticed his return back to me on the couch because I was lost in analyzing him.

"Okay there Pookie?"

"Yes." I said. "Got lost watching the view when you left." I admitted as I sat up so that he could sit down again on the couch. He handed me a notebook and pen and kept one for himself.

"Watching the view, hmm?" He waggled his eyebrows at him.

"Yes. There was the most attractive doctor wandering down your hallway. I wonder where he went." I said innocently.

His eyes narrowed on me for a moment. "I better be the only attractive doctor you're daydreaming about." He said before slanting his lips over mine and kissing me hard enough that I forgot my name and what we were going to be doing with the notebooks and pens.

I blinked at him.

He raised an eyebrow at me.

I mumbled something about Dr. Roberts being the only other doctor I actually knew and he was definitely grandfatherly in my mind so I wouldn't at all be daydreaming about him.

Sean laughed and tapped the notebook. "Now, Pookie... what are we doing with these?"

I shook my head slightly and refocused my gaze on him. "Right." I nodded. "Notebooks." I frowned, pushing my finger at my lower lip to think. "Yes." I smiled. "We're writing down the recipes you want to know." I said. "We'll start with the ones that I can actually tell you off the top of my head and then tomorrow if we need to, we'll go find some cookbooks to get more recipes."

"Ok...?" He looked puzzled.

I smirked at him. "I'm going to tell you and write it down in English." I said before tapping his notebook. "You're going to repeat it and write it in Japanese. You have to tell me too so that even though mine is in English, I can write it down in Japanese. We never got to any sort of food vocabulary in class and I want to see if you actually grasp things better in Japanese."

His eyes rounded. "Pookie, that's brilliant." He breathed. "I can write it in Japanese." He said in wonder. "I never thought of that before."

"That's why I'm the teacher." I teased. "Since you don't need to look up the words in the Japanese dictionary, I figured this would actually be easy for you. But I still want to learn Japanese." I said.

"You did really well." He said.

"I'd like to talk to your mother in Japanese when we have dinner with them." I said. "If you think she'd be pleased about me doing that."

He reached over and cupped my cheek. "She'd be thrilled." He said before leaning in to kiss me softly. He pulled away and opened his notebook, uncapping his pen. "Okay, lay it on me." He said, eager to get started now that I'd mentioned an alternate learning possibility.

"Okay, okay..." I laughed. "Meatloaf." I said. "Write..." I raised an eyebrow at him.