Chapter 29

I had my shopping trip with Gabriel on Tuesday. He wasn't actually that happy with me about it. I'd insisted that I was using my own money and we weren't going to use Victor's credit card at all.

"Trouble..." He warned, waving a finger in my face.

I grabbed his finger. "Meanie." I scowled before kissing the tip of his finger. "I'm serious. You're lucky that I'm not dragging you to the nearest Goodwill store to shop. I'm not used to always getting brand new things and I just want to use my own money this trip. Only today." I said, my lower lip extending out into a pout.

"No pouting Trouble." He pulled his finger out of my grip and poked it at my lower lip. "I can't stand it when you pull that god damn shit."

"Come on. Hear me out, meanie." I said, smiling as I linked my arm though his as we walked through the mall. "Number one, we need to go through my closets and I either want to make a donation at a thrift shop or if you think they'll accept it, we can drop them off at our neighborhood. You know, with the Thanksgiving people..."

He considered my words and gave a slight nod. "I'll check with Mr. B and see if he thinks they'd be open to the jackpot that is your surplus closet."

I smiled. "Or we take it to the Academy and set it all up into overnight bags so that if there are girls that need those sizes and don't have spares or end up there without a plan...?"

"I like that idea too." He said. "That happens a lot with the camp outs and shit."

"That's what I thought." I said softly before leaning over and kissing his cheek. "So number two, I need and want us to be more frugal with my wardrobe budget. I don't wear that many clothes, I don't need that many clothes and I should wear the ones that still fit from last summer anyway. So I'm not saying no to shopping just, today since I want to get things for various dates and outings I have set up, I think I should take care of my wardrobe expenses. You can shop all you want later for me and we'll do that on our other trips."

"I guess." He said reluctantly, earning another kiss. "But I'm buying you a Disney World wardrobe." He threatened.

"You mean, Victor is." I teased.

"Yeah, that."

"Okay, I'll allow it." I teased. "So we're agreed. We're shopping on a budget and not going overboard today." He huffed a sigh but nodded again. "Thank you Meanie." I said as I steered him into Old Navy. "First stop..." I smiled brightly. "I need golfing clothes and something casual to wear on my date with Victor and Luke this weekend." I paused by a rack of dresses. "And these look cute, they'd fit the dress requirement for Owen..." I mused.

Gabriel smiled "On sale too..." He said before flipping through the racks and pulling out a few things.

I smiled to see him happy and paying attention to sale signs. I was more than happy to go into a changing room and try things on once he got in the spirit of things.

I bought him lunch when we were halfway through and by the end of the day, we were both tired but he was happy that I'd ended up with a lot more wardrobe than he'd expected when I told him the rules for the day. My money went a long way today because everything we bought was on sale. I was happy that he'd stuck to my budgeting as well as the fact that I had everything I needed to go out with my boys for the next several dates that we had planned.

Saturday morning rolled around and I was practically bouncing around the house as I got ready for the day with Victor and Luke.

Gabriel had been over last night to lay out my clothes and go over what he deemed appropriate for my hair today. I turned the music up on my stereo as I brushed my hair, pulling it up into the ponytails he'd said would be perfect if I braided them. I couldn't help but feel a little like I was Jessica in her constant braids and wishes to be Katniss Everdeen. I rolled my eyes before winding the braids up on top of my head and pinning them.

I slathered sunscreen lotion on my face before using the spray sunscreen to coat my body, sneezing when the cocoa butter and coconut scent hit my nose. I'd get Nathan to spray down my back and the backs of my legs before I left with Victor and Luke. I pulled a face at the scent because I'd forgotten to turn on the overhead fan before spraying. I opened the window instead and headed into the bedroom with the towel wrapped around me.

Victor texted that he was on his way to pick me up and that we'd stop to get coffee before swinging by the Taylor 'compound' to pick up Luke. I smiled and texted a smilie face back to him before getting dressed in the denim shorts and halter top that had been laid out. I strapped on sandals and grabbed my purse – a tote bag today because Gabriel insisted that boys don't think of these things so I had a towel folded up to sit on and there was space for me to tuck my sunglasses, the sunscreen, phone and wallet into it and not worry about losing anything. I headed out, greeting Nathan with a kiss on the cheek before getting him to spray the rest of me down with the sunscreen.

"Don't forget to put on another coat in a few hours, Peanut."

"Okay, Honey." I smiled at him.

"Are you sure you don't need a hat?'

I wrinkled my nose. "I don't think one would fit over these braid bundles that seem to have sprouted out of the top of my head."

He laughed and kissed my forehead when we heard Victor's car pull in. "Have fun."

"I will." I said before opening the front door and waving at Victor as I came out and practically skipped to the car.

"I would have come to get you, Princess."

"I know." I said, looking up at him with a smile as he'd gotten out of the car to come around and open the door for me. "Good Morning, my prince." I said softly.

He smiled and ducked his head, kissing me on the lips with a light but promising kiss. "Good Morning to you." He said, his fire eyes lighting up to more than just a smolder as he gazed at what I was wearing. "You look beautiful."

I rolled my eyes. "This is hardly a beautiful outfit." I said.

"YOU look beautiful." He stated, tipping my chin up to look into my eyes. "The clothes are fine." He said, shrugging one shoulder slightly.

My smile bloomed across my face and I stretched up to kiss him, a smacking pop of a kiss. "I love you." I said happily. "I'm so excited for today." I said as I got settled in the car.

"I'm looking forward to it as well." He said, closing my door and going around to get behind the wheel. "It's a great weather day and there's going to be some great music."

"And food, Luke is totally looking forward to the food." I smiled. "He texted me a list of things he plans on trying today." He chuckled. "He probably actually didn't eat anything in anticipation of what he's going to have."

"I would not be surprised." Victor agreed before swinging through the Starbucks Drive Thru that had been opened a few months ago. He ordered the coffees and a few things to eat before we headed on our way to pick up Luke. "It'll still be a bit before we get there and before the food is opened. I think he'd probably eat something without realizing it."