Chapter 14, part 1

We went out for breakfast, going to one of our usual spots and earning a pleased look from our usual waitress at the fact that we sat on the same side of the booth. Owen nudged me in first and slid in after me, casually draping his arm over the back of the seat until we'd ordered. Once she walked way, he dropped his hand on my shoulder and pulled me in for a deep kiss.

We stayed cuddled up all through our meal, declining a box for our leftovers and heading on the rest of our errands.

Once we got back to his house, I shooed him off to do whatever he'd normally do on a free Saturday while I put the groceries away and made a quick list of what needed to get done for tomorrow's brunch, starting with making pie crust for both Sean's apple pie as well as the quiche I planned on making. There would be plenty of food for my boys to eat even if they didn't want quiche. I suspected the list of quiche eaters would be limited but maybe they'd surprise me and all try a bit.

I glanced up as I was finishing up with the dough, surprised to find him in the kitchen. "Nothing else to do today?"

"No, not really. I'd rather just be close by..."

I smiled. "Well in that case, maybe you could help me with cutting up the veggies for the veggie tray?" I asked. He grinned at me and nodded, getting everything out to start on what I'd asked.

We worked side by side, mostly in silence but having bursts of conversation as we spent time together and getting to know each other even better. I made us lunch after the quiche and pie came out of the oven and we went out to eat on his patio.

I could hardly eat for a bit. I was enchanted with his garden. It was full of roses and other flowers in full bloom. "Oh, Owen... it's so beautiful out here." I murmured, glancing at him to find him watching me intently.

He smiled then and I sensed he'd been a bit worried about my liking it. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. I just might be coming over here all the time just to sit out in the garden." I teased.

He chuckled. "Eat your lunch darling. There will be plenty of time this summer to be in our garden."

My eyes widened and my gaze shot back to his, peering at him just as intently as he'd been watching me. His eyes held my gaze, soft molten sliver twinkling at me. "You honestly mean that..." I blinked first. "You... me... all of us. What's mine is yours and all that..." He inclined his head slightly, agreeing with me silently. "Without requiring anything of me. No limits or restrictions..."

He leaned forward and captured my hand, bringing it up and brushing the gentlest of kisses to my knuckles. "It's called unconditional love, darling." He said softly, his thumb rubbing the tips of my fingers as he held them loosely in his grip while he watched me, processing a reaction to his words. He knew that I had never experienced love that way until now.

Until the boys.

"And you will find that we all feel that way about you. It's the way our team has always run."

"Taking turns buying lunch or taking me shopping and Victor pays." I said softly, nodding.

"Groceries, feeding anyone..." He nodded.

"I get it, it's just a tad bit overwhelming still... I know I could never repay...."

His finger landed on my lips, cutting me off. "Exactly." He said softly. "No one expects you to repay, we are repaid by the simple fact that you love us and want to be part of our family." He smiled, moving his finger and cupping my cheek. "Dear sweet beautiful darling... we just want you..."

"I can handle that." I admitted on a shaky breath before leaning in and kissing him.