Chapter 8

~A~

God, she was beautiful.

When her eyes lit up, her entire face lit up and it was so beautiful.

Owen was enraptured watching her, everything was so new to her and it was quite a show to watch.

He'd been slightly surprised when she'd leaned in and kissed him after his declaration of love, his ears turning a shade of red when she'd pulled away, looked in his eyes and murmured softly, her tone sounding dusky under the violin music playing in the restaurant. "I love you too, Owen." He would have kissed her with everything he had if the drinks and antipasti plates hadn't arrived at that moment.

He stole glances at her while they ate, preoccupied for a while as he pointed out the various things on the plate she might not have had before, pleased to see that she enjoyed it and she told him so when they finished, taking a long sip of her drink and wiping her fingers off on her napkin.

He'd already known that he would do anything in his power to ensure she stayed safe and happy, with his entire life... for the rest of his life. It just was closer than ever, within reach now that they had the major assignment done. Maybe now they could just focus on what they needed to in order to ensure everyone's happiness.

He blinked, noticing he'd been staring at her and she'd caught him. He averted his gaze. "Sorry."

She smiled. "You're not sorry." She teased. "You seemed miles away, Owen. Something on your mind?"

"Only you Darling."

"Well that's nice." She said with a giggle.

He chuckled. "Well, I thought so." He said, setting aside the antipasti plates as the waiter turned up with their entrees.

Dinner was quite enjoyable as they ate and discussed books and music and he tried to find out more things that she enjoyed.

She shrugged. "I am quite happy and content just spending time with everyone. I gather that is a rather odd thing for a girl my age." She commented. "But let's face it, I'm so much better off this year than I was last year." Her eyes met his over her water glass. "And I do enjoy doing anything I can with all of you. It doesn't matter to me what we do."

"I'm just saying you have a choice and are more than entitled to ask us to do things that we don't think about right off the bat." He said. She shrugged again and smiled at him. "And that's something that you've already considered." He realized.

"Yup." She said. "Don't worry about it so much my love." She reached over and rested her hand on his arm. "I don't plan on being silent during the meeting on Sunday when we're figuring things out for the summer." She gave his arm a gentle squeeze and leaned over the rest of the way to press a gentle kiss to his cheek, following it up by swiping at his cheek with her napkin as she'd left lip gloss behind.

"I've said it before and I'll always say it..." He said. "Don't ever leave us, you belong to us... with us..."

"I have no intention of leaving my family." She murmured. "I finally have somewhere to belong and fit in, I never want to lose that."

He smiled before signing the check when it was brought over to them. "I'm very glad to hear that." He said, getting up from his chair and pulling hers out, waiting for her to grab her bag before he slid his arm around her waist. "But I also don't want to miss the start of the movie." He teased. "You're going to love the show..." She beamed at him and nodded, giggling softly as she slung her purse over her other shoulder and slid her own arm around his waist as they walked through the tables, heads tilted together as they navigated the narrow path to the front door before heading to the theater a few doors down.