38)Unravel

"Counting sheep to the rhythm of the war drums" by A perfect circle

A/N GRAMMAR LESSON. xD So I know I'll have someone reading the comment; 'Cross to bear' and thinking I just completely butchered the English language by writing the name of an animal in that sentence. Nope. "Bare"= nude. Bear = animal, and to endure.
This lame update has been brought to by the person who wishes she got a dollar every time that rude Wattpad guy has to keep sending her messages regarding grammar. If you feel the need to constantly send me criticism I haven't asked for, feel free to edit my chapters and then send them back to me. O,O
*********************

"It's never going to end," Emily said quietly, removing a few plates from the cupboard. The Daz family had been packing up their belongings for their move across the country. Everything was now packed and already on the main moving truck with the exception of a few kitchen appliances and dishware. The last few days the family would pack up during daylight hours only to head back to their apartment for the night. Not one member of the family could stand to stay in the home. The once beautiful farm-house with tons of rustic charm now simply stood as an ugly reminder to all the horrible things that have happened for the last nearly ten months.

The Selfie slasher was in the wind. A couple more young women turned up dead in outer Louisiana and Oklahoma, but, police were hesitant to call it a serial killer. The women died from different ways – gunshot to the head, stabbed, asphyxiation. Whether it was actually the Prince Charming killer or not, Emily was uncertain.

What she was certain on was the stalking of her was still going on. She received a bouquet of blue roses that morning as they were delivered to the apartment. A clear gift from Declan. He found out she was having a boy. Obviously, the blue roses were to express that fact. How Declan found her while also managing to send the roses anonymously was a mystery. It didn't matter that the stalking was still going on. Ever since it was discovered that the semen from the rape kit matched the DNA at a murder scene, police were loosening their grip on Declan as a person of interest in the rape.

"I want to disagree with that, but unless I get to shoot him, I'm not seeing how it will" Tom muttered, shaking his head as he lifted a heavy box of plates towards the door. Emily held it open for him to slowly walk out with the extremely heavy box. Given she was so heavily pregnant nowadays, Emily's parents restricted her to solely bubble wrapping for the most part. "Jake asked how you were doin' today," Tom said conversationally, heaving up the ramp to bring the box to the back of the small moving truck. "He misses you, Emily."

Emily hoped her eyes didn't mist as she thought about Jake. She spied a car coming up the long gravel driveway as a familiar beanie-covered head drove the car. Emily spared Dr. O'Hare a small wave, silently ignoring her father's comment regarding the dreaded J name.

"Wanted to catch ya before you guys took off tomorrow," Alan said, closing his door after he got out. His feet crunched against the gravel as he stifled a sigh. "Guess this is g'bye, huh?"

"Not necessarily....I'll still have your three volumes of the classifications of a stalker I'll be bringing with," Emily nodded seriously, "-part of me will still have a bit of your massive ego with me" she said, causing the doctor to grin.

"Glad to hear it. So how's Glasses Junior cooking?" he asked, sparing the belly a glance.

"He's almost here....and nameless" Emily nodded, sighing. Tom's phone started ringing loudly, causing him to have to walk away to answer. "Alan....Honestly, even moving.....What are my percentages that Declan will follow?" Emily asked quietly. That was her biggest worry regrading moving. It was the fear that Declan would follow no matter where her family moved around the U.S.