24) Innocence lost (Part II)

A/N    MASSIVE WARNING: I originally placed a warning at the beginning of this book. I wasn't going to place one on the chapter, but I now realize there's a few readers following the story that are under the age of fifteen on here.  I warned of a rape, and now we've reached that part of the story that it happens. Sorry, it's something that happens to help progress the story. If you are a young reader or are a squeamish individual who is uncomfortable with such things, I recommend not reading this part and waiting for the following update.

"You're the one that I want" by Lo Fang
____________________________________________

Emily shuddered as she released a small gasp. Declan clicked the lock in place behind him before taking a long swig from the beer bottle in his right hand. His bronze colored hair was in a rather messy display as his black tie he wore at prom was now missing. The first three buttons of his white long-sleeved dress shirt was undone, giving him a rather unkempt appearance.

Emily could smell the liquor on him. That, along with his glazed red eyes were a clear indicator that he was drunk. She didn't dare make a move. For the last twelve seconds he hadn't bothered acknowledging her presence beside his one comment as a greeting. He began staring off into space, and it gave Emily the stupid idea that maybe if she didn't move a muscle, Declan wouldn't be able to see her.
It took her a nanosecond to realize that philosophy was stupid - he was drunk, not a T-Rex out of the Jurassic Park movies.

"I've never been dumped before...." Declan finally said, glaring at Emily with a hardened look in his eye. "Never in all my years...Who would wanna ditch me?"

Emily kept her comments to herself. About now she was feeling anyone with half a brain would dump him before they got to know him, but this wasn't the best thing to say given Declan was blocking her only exit. There was only a large bathroom attached to this room, otherwise no way out unless Emily wanted to give leaping out the tall second story of the house a try. She didn't.

"Little Emily Daz....Got every bloke wrapped around your finger, don't you?" Declan chuckled dryly, swigging once more from his bottle
.

Emily realized no one would be able to hear Declan's drunken rant given how loud the music was blaring downstairs. You could feel the vibrations pulsating through the walls. There was no need to worry about a noise complaint given the closest neighbors were roughly a mile away. The music was blaring louder than it had been even at prom.

"God...All I wanted to do was have us fuck for the first time, and instead you had to go and make me angry..." he slurred, laughing immaturely. "I mean, what's the matter with you?" Declan asked angrily, stepping closer.

Emily's green eyes widened as she subtly glanced around for a weapon of some sort. He was advancing and she needed something to defend herself. Emily just wasn't quick enough. Declan threw his empty bottle roughly causing her to duck quickly in order to avoid the sharp hit. In turn, she twisted her ankle while wearing her ridiculous tall shoes as she fell to the ground. Realizing she had the perfect resource to hit him, Emily ripped off her pump to use as a makeshift weapon. Again, she wasn't quick enough. Declan came to roughly kick her to the stomach with force. The action took her by surprise and caused Emily to intake a sharp gasp out of pain.

"Spoiled fucking bitch....I woulda given you everything...." he slurred, kicking her again. This  one roughly enough  to cause her to cry out in pain. Declan bent down and grabbed the side of her pretty curls to entangle his hand to knot around her hair. He yanked hard, causing Emily to take her shoe to whip at his face with force.

Declan's pink lip gently split open, only angering him enough to slam Emily down onto the floor. She landed awkwardly on the side of her body as her pointer finger bent a way it shouldn't.

Quickly, Declan got on top of Emily to straddle her waist. She squirmed and struggled underneath his heavier weight, causing Declan to smack her roughly across the face.