Chapter 4: Coversation

**Jerome's POV**

My ringtone plays, and I pick it up, figuring it would be Adam. But instead I see "Benja" on the screen over a goofy picture of Mitch. I gasp and point the phone at Jenna, to which she squeals and tells me to answer it.

I put the phone up to my ear. I barely squeak out a "Hello?"

Mitch's voice is barely recognizable as he says, "Hai, Biggums." It's almost as if he sounds... nervous. Nothing like Mitch.

"Hey, Mitch," I say, trying to sound like I don't want to let out all the questions I have bottled inside. "Are you okay? You sound... sad."

"Nah, man. I'm alright," He says, and we both remain silent for what seems like forever.

"Mitch, I love you," I blurt out before thinking. 

"Jerome, I love you. More than anything," he says, and I sit here with my mouth hanging open. "Ever since we first became friends, I've wanted to be with you. I.. I never thought you even liked guys. I thought I was hopeless."

"Mitch, I don't like guys," I say, trying to sound happy and light, "I like you. I love you. And no one else. It's been that way since the day I met you."

Mitch giggles, possibly my favorite sound. "Well, you know what, Biggums? I might just have to get a flight to New Jersey tomorrow," he says, and I'm shocked.

"Wait, really? Like, you want to fly all the way out here? Just to see me?" 

"Of course I do. I'd go anywhere just to be with you, Jerome," he says. I'm visibly blushing. I cover my hand over the phone and turn to Jenna.

"Hey, Jen, you can go on home for a while. I'll call you tomorrow?" I say and she nods with a wink, walking out the door. 

"Hey, Mitch do you think you want to video chat for a little?" I say, feeling indescribably amazing.

"Sure,dood. Just skype me," he says. I can hear the smile in his voice and I hang up, logging on to the computer