Chapter 18: Betty

**Mitch's POV**

Jerome yawns as we pull up at home. We unpack our groceries and carry them into the kitchen.

"Mitch," he says," I want to go do something."

"What do you mean?" I ask. He said it at the spur of the moment, and I wonder how long he was thinking about it.

"Let's go bowling, or lazer tag! Or we could see a movie!" He says, trying to make those things sound exciting.

"The two of us have been cooped up in this house since the day you got here. Let's go!" He grabs me by the arm and pulls me toward the door. I laugh and slip on my shoes.

We head down and start the truck and Jerome looks excited. "Where are we going?" I say while he turns up the radio to some cheesy 80's pop music.

"CHUCK E. CHEESE!" He yells. I can't really tell if he's being serious.

"Wait, really? Like the two of us, just going to Chuck E Cheese?" I say, turning down the radio a bit so he can hear me.

"You bet your booty!" He says and we pull into a Chuck E Cheese parking lot. I laugh as he gets out of hte car and does a goofy jump in the air.

He grabs my hand and pulls me inside. We buy enough tokens to last us a week and head towards the games. 

"MITCH!" he yells, and I look over at him," DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION!"

"Oooooh, Biggums, you know I can whoop your booty at DDR," I joke, walking over to him.

The two of us put our tokens in and select a song. We start of with even scores, but about half way through I pass his score.

"No!" He yells, tackling me off the gameboard. I laugh as the obnoxious dance music plays in the background.

"You're such a JAG." I laugh, getting up. He really knocked me to the ground hard.

Jerome sees a skee ball machine a runs over there like a child, pulling me along with him. He grabs a fake gold coin our of the bucket and puts it in the machine.

"Imma win this for you, Mitch." he says, throwing the ball straight into the 5,000 point hole. He gets a near perfect score, and tickets come flowing out, making a pile on the floor.

We decide that we've had enough fun after a while and he pulls me over to the photo booth. He inserts a token and the machine counts down, but as it takes the picture, Jerome turns, kissing me on the cheek. The picture prints out and I giggle, the funny face I'm making not fitting in with the rest of the photo.

We go up to the prize booth and Jerome picks out a stuffed blue bear. He hands it to me and I laugh. "I'll name her Betty!" I say, thinking of the diamond axe that Jerome loves and uses whenever he gets the chance, holding out the toy to admire it.

Finishing up our day, we head out to the truck. It's just a bit chilly out and I regret leaving my jacket at home. I wrap my arms around myself, trying to generate some heat. 

We drive in silence, Jerome with a goofy smile on his face the whole time. As we near home, he looks over to me, and his smile seems a bit sad.

"Mitch, do you want to go back to Canada? I mean, you've been here for a while, and your home is there," Jerome says.

"Jerome, I've told you plenty of times, I would be fine anywhere as long as you're here." I laugh as he wipes a fake tear from his eye.

"Fine. But in a few weeks, we're both going to Canada. I need to get me some of that poutine!" he says as we pull up outside the house. I shake my head at him and as I go to walk inside, he runs up from behind me and starts to carry me. "POWER MOVES ONLY!" he shouts, slinging me over his shoulder like a fireman. 

He sets me down on the couch and I'm lughing so hard that tears are forming in my eyes. I'm doubled over and he's right next to me. Each time I think we're done laughing, our eyes meet, and I can't help but start again. 

"I love you, Mitch," Jerome says with a sigh. He pulls me into his side and I nuzzle my head against his shoulder.

"I love you too, Jerome. I really do."

(WRITER'S NOTE:      Everybody! *YEEAAAH* Rock your body! *YEEAAAH* Everybody, rock your body right! JENNA'S BACK, ALRIGHT! *ALRIGHT Alright alright alrightttt...*

That's right, I'm back, in the flesh. My inspiration is at an all time high right now, and I can't stop writing (: BE PREPARED *That song from the lion king plays in the background for this next part* FOR THE BEST FANFICTION OF. YOUR. LIFE. Yeah, I meant Merome's "Broken" haha. Okay, stay beautiful! Jenna's out!)