Chapter 6: The Head Boy

Start from the beginning

Harry looked around so none of the other students could hear them and leaned in. "I can't tell you exactly what Luna did to get the students riled up but Luna climbed on top of the train to escape the other students. They swarmed her like a mob and I think she is a little freaked out right now. So she currently is enjoying the feast from the comfort of my office. McGonagall wanted me here for the feast so I'm having Kreacher watch over her while I'm gone."

"She climbed on the ROOF OF THE TRAIN? Bloody Hell, Luna's always been a little nuts but she seems to have finally gone over the deep end." Ron said with his mouth full of chicken. As if to confirm Ron's statement Kreacherappeared behind Harry.

"Kreacher has come to inform Master Potter that the Loony girl is using her food to paint pictures on your office wall."

Harry sighed, "Just make sure she doesn't damage anything and I can clean it up later. It only takes a couple of spells. Please don't call her 'Loony', Kreacher."

"She told me I could Master, but if that is your wish," with a crack the elf was gone.

"Yes, definitely off the deep end." Ron laughed before stuffing more food into his mouth. Harry couldn't help but wonder if he might be right.

Hermione glared at Harry, "Do you really have to own a house elf Harry's it's..."

"Why is he staring at you Hermione?" Ron suddenly interrupted.

Harry turned to see Michael Corner's cold eyes glaring at Hermione. "What's his problem with you Hermione?" Harry asked.

"I honestly don't know," Hermione whispered surprised. "I mean, we've never been friends, but we were both in DA together and he was even part of the second DA last year."

Harry decided at that moment to keep an eye on the new Head Boy.

"Luna has always had quirks but they have been relatively easy to manage for the most part, if they needed any managing at all. Today however she has already proved to be harder to manage than when she was hexing people." McGonagall stated during Harry's first staff meeting later that night.

"Harry has also told me what she did to cause the students to go into an uproar, and Miss Parkinson has confirmed it. Luna levitated Miss Parkinson's wand without using her wand...Just her eyes."

The entire staff started gasping, muttering and blurting out statements.

"I've been saying for years she's gifted."

"Gifted? She's dangerous, she should be locked up in St Mungo's hospital."

"How the hell does one do that?"

"Get her in here right now. We've got to find out how she did it."

"The loony won't answer our questions, she'll just hum and speak of moon frogs."

"Then we'll make her do it again."

Harry grimaced, if this news had caused such commotion with the teachers then students must have gone ballistic. Thinking about it made him feel sick.

"If the students acted half as crazy as you are all acting now, then no wonder Luna climbed to the roof, I know I would have!"

The teachers where frozen in silence. They had expected to be silenced by McGonagall not Harry Potter.

"You do realize this is a person we are talking about. A student of Hogwarts, not an experiment. I know Luna is weird and quirky, but should she really be blamed for her actions today. You make me want to climb to the roof as we speak." Many of the teachers looked down in shame, and Harry felt the same himself, for even doubting Luna's sanity earlier.