Chapter Three.

CHAPTER THREE

"KATNISS!" Peeta shouts as i cough up some mixture of lake water and blood.

"KATNISS ARE YOU OKAY, THANK GOD YOU'RE ALIVE!" Peeta engulfes me in his arms. We sit there until Midday. We then make our way back to District Twelve. 

"That's enough excitement for today i guess." I say, to dim down the seriousness of the matter.

"Yeah, Are you sure you are okay Katniss.You know you can tell me right?" Peeta said questioningly. 

"No, I'm not okay Peeta. I don't want the nightmares to come tonight. Now i am pretty sure that they will. Can you sleep with me tonight? Just for tonight? You stop the nightmares." I am saying this shyly because it is the first time i have asked something significant for myself from Peeta since- well, it seems like forever.

That night, nightmares come. They are of Peeta leaving me for Clove. This intregues me. I don't know why i am dreaming of a tribute from the first hunger games but i know it must mean something. I love waking up in Peeta's embrace. He calms everything down. He's still sleeping so he is snoring right in my ear. Some people might find it annoying, But i think that it is indearing.

Peeta shakes his head when he wakes up, looking shocked to see my face, everyone would, i look horrific after the burns.... Well i think so anyway. 

'Good morning beautiful.' Peeta says, we are both shocked, i didn't expect that. I put on my night robe and make my way to the shower. I cleanse and then dry myself off. When i come out of the shower. I am in brown jeans and a green v neck top. I have something special planned for today. I go into the bedroom, Peeta isnt there. I look around the upstairs of the house. He is nowhere. I run down the stairs as fast as i can, I want Peeta to join me today. I run through to the kitchen, as i turn in the doorway i run into Peeta. 

'OOWGH' I shout as i fall to the floor.

'I AM SO SORRY KATNISS!' He shouts, helping me to my feet.

'Its okay, it was an accident. Will you come and do something with me today?' i ask

'What?' Peeta replies curiously.

'It involves going to the mass grave...' I say bluntly. I see Peeta swallow hard, he then nods. I dont think that he has been there since he came back, i mean, his family are somewhere in amoungst the rubble and bones. 

I take Peeta's hand and we walk towards the grave, he slows in pace as we reach it. In my hand, i clutch the Mockingjay pin that Madge gave me on the day of the first games. I place my arm around Peeta's muscular back when we get closer the grave. I know what he feels. I can only try and comfort him.

'What do you want to do now?' He asks as we stand before the starting of mud that conseals us from the bodies. 

'You shall soon see.' I say. I dig a small section of the mud up with my hands, I kiss the pin, and place it inside. I can finally say goodbye to the Mockingjay. I bury it and stand next to Peeta. Tears flow from his eyes like rivers on a mountain. I hug him close. From over his shoulder i can see some girls, looking at me like i have done something unfair. Which i have. I sent all of these people into their death beds. Still, i dont think that is the reason that they are looking at me in this maner. Peeta turns to them, they smile, giggle and walk away fast. Now i get it, they like him. Well he is mine now, noone can have him except me. Peeta turns to me. We both exchange a look. We exchange a passionate kiss infront of everyone. Some people look, some people just walk on. I couldnt care either way. 

~BubblesAbernathy