Chapter 25: Tying Loose Ends

"Piper!" I turn around shocked.

"I heard everything. You kissed him while you were dating Zane and lied to this poor kid about it. How old even are you, Ryder? Is it?"

She doesn't know I'm actually not in college.

He stutters looking between me and her not knowing what to say.

"I was right, you aren't who you say you are and I'm going to get to the bottom of who you are." This girl is crazy.

Since both of us aren't saying a word Piper decides to speak again, "I think Zane would love to hear all about this."

She has a devious gleam in her eye. She thinks she knows it all.

I don't want her telling Zane about the kiss though. I need to tell him first. It was before we were officially dating. I will have to explain to Ryder also, but Zane is first.

When Piper turns around to scurry back and spill the tea I look at Ryder, mouth 'Wait' then dash to the table before Piper knew what hit her.

"Zane can I talk to you real fast. I raise my eyebrows trying to act like its a signal for something.

"Sure," he gives me a questioning look and looks at his friends, "be right back."

I grab his hand and pull him to the hallway leading to the bathrooms.

"I have to get this out really fast and I'm sorry I had to tell you this way I was going to tell you last night and then again this morning but things didn't work out and I didn't get to tell you but I will now," I breathe.

"Wow that was all one sentence?"

"Yes but Zane," he nods waiting for me to finish my story, "when I went to Ryder's house I wasn't fully aware and he made it a date and kissed me. I pulled away when I realized I didn't know what was happening between us but I kissed him back for like 1 second."

He scans my eyes and I didn't even notice he had his hands placed on my shoulder.

"It's alright, I believe you and we weren't dating then."

"Thank you, and one more thing."

"What?"

"Piper knows and thinks I cheated on y-" before I finish I see a person walking up and I immediately pull him too me and kiss the daylight out of him.

He goes with it and kisses me back. When we break apart I see the women that was behind Mitchell in line earlier scoff at our PDA and walk into the women's restroom.

Zane and I start laughing and he takes my hand as we head back to the table to face Pipers wrath. Only he has no idea.

"There you are Zane," Piper says walking up to us.

"I don't know what she told you but she kissed Ryder. I heard them talking about it."

"She already explained everything and she did nothing wrong. Don't worry about it Piper. I think you just heard it wrong. I appreciate you being concerned for me though."

"But..." She mutters not knowing what else to say.

The rest of the group has just been sitting there watching everything play out before them. I glance at Mia and smile at her, letting her know I'm telling the truth. She returns a soft smile.

"I think I will just go back to work for the rest of the day, I will see you when it's over," I direct at Zane but say loud enough for everyone to hear, "bye guys."

"Bye!" Mia waves.

"Bye," both boys say together.

Piper sits down and mutters hers too and Zane kisses me on the cheek and says, "yes, see you after work."