Chapter 12: Heaven in A Small Cup.

You know how cereal starts out in its original state and when you poor the milk and let it sit it gets mushy? Well there's a place in between the original and mushy that is just kind of there, numb, not really mushy and not really hard. That's the state Zane and I are in.

We aren't quite friends but we aren't strangers. Acquaintances perhaps but a little more. Just the middle stage. That's how I feel when Zane, I and Lily arrive home and are stepping into his home.

"Alright squirt go get cleaned up and I'll fix dinner," he pats Lily on the head and she quickly obeys running to her room. I stand in silence while Zane grabs his remote and the TV flashes on. We really have nothing to talk about anymore. Zane flips to the News and heads to the kitchen.

I throw myself down on the couch watching the future problems play across my vision.

It seems a 7.4 earthquake happened in Jamaica about a week ago. The President is North West, Kim Kardashians daughter.

Wow is all I can say about that.

And a ship was launched to Mars a month ago and will return shortly. It's probably the same old boring news but is pretty cool our country has gotten to that from my perspective.

CRASH!

"Sorry! I'm okay I just dropped a cup!" Zane peeks his head around his small wall and smiles.

Deja vú

"Can I help with anything?" I call from the living room.

"No, n-" he froze when he saw my face.

I had turned back to the TV when he walked in. My eyes were as wide as saucers.

"What!?" He eagerly asks.

"Mason," I point to the screen.

It was him I new it. Walking in the background of a sports announcer talking about whatever, standing on the street corner.

He is actually with me. YES. I have to find him. He probably thinks I'm not here just like I thought he wasn't. There has to be some way to contact him. Obviously his phone isn't working. Or do him and Zane just have the same number...

"Which one?" Zane asks.

"The guy with brown hair!"

"They all have brown hair."

"Oh... Oops i haven't really paid attention to the other people," I run up to the screen and put my finger on him as he is about to turn. "He's here!" Two seconds after I point him out he disappears into a caffe.

"It looks like he went into The Edge coffee shop."

"How close is it?"

"Like 15 blocks, I can drive-" I don't let him finish.

"You have Lily, if he's there now he may go again I can try and go tomorrow. Besides he will probably already have left before I get there if I walk."

"We can go get coffee in the morning I love that place."

"Alright it's a date." Wait. What did I just say, "uhhhhh I mean not date. Just it's a hang... I'm going to sit down now."

I walk back over and plop down. He is just smirking. Why is it so cute.

"Stop." I playfully command.

He just keeps the same face. It's starting to get a little awkward so I grab the pillow beside me and think it would be a great idea to throw it at him.

Wrong.

He decides to move back into the kitchen and the pillow hits the wall. A picture frame that was hung decided it just didn't want to hang any longer and fell. He immediately turned around and grabbed it.