xxi; oh no, phil

xxi; oh no, phil

"He's not dead, Nightkiller." Dan said after a moment, after checking the Devil's pulse by his carotid artery with his middle and index finger, brown eyes fixed on the man's helmet. He could take it off easily, remove it with his hands and find out who the hell this villain was, but... He was scared.  It could be anyone, including family, or a friend, a neighbour... If he found out who it was and he knew them? He'd freak out. He'd regret his entire life and he'd crawl into a ball, maybe go live with his mother, because life wouldn't make any possible sense.

So he didn't touch the helmet, left it be on his head, and looked to Nightkiller. "Do we bring him in?" He asked after a moment, and Nightkiller did what he had no heart to do, knocking him to the side and reaching for the helmet. She was jerked back, and a shot rang out again, before she hit the wall. Her noise was bleeding, and her cheekbone was obviously cut, but her shoulder, again was the victim of a gunshot. 

Standing near her was a man, with thin armour, orange shaded goggles and some sort of material pulled over the bottom of his face. A gun was in his hand, another strapped to his side, and a peculiar set of double batons was on his back. "Raze," He announced in a robotic, obviously fake voice, "That's me." Then, Dan narrowed his eyes and took a step for Phil, but Raze's gun pointed straight at him.  "Step away from the guy, would you? I wouldn't want to shoot again."

"You read too many books." Dan said quickly, and his hands went straight for the mask, pulling it off the Devil's head. His mouth fell open, and he looked to Raze, before back at Phil with his eyes wide. "You--!" He exclaimed, voice sharp and high, "Phil?" 

"Oh, fuck." Raze mumbled, and shook his head, closing his eyes under his goggles. "Oh, holy fuck, cover has been officially blown." He launched and pushed Dan away, pulling the helmet back on over Phil's head, picking his friend up. "It's been nice meeting you all, but..." He raised his gun and shot Dan, watching as the man crumpled and hit the ground, coughing and wheezing. "Gotta run." Then he turned on his heels, and he disappeared into the night. 

  →→→   

HELLO LOVELY PEOPLE

how have your weeks been?