The new face

Next morning I opened my eyes to pure happiness. With a slight headache, I forced my eyes to stay open, to study the sleeping beauty before me. I looked down at his torso, for a pleasant surprise, as he wasn't wearing any shirt. He was thin, but not too thin. He was muscular, but not too muscular. Blue was easily my new favourite colour. The colour gleamed perfectly on him, in contrast to the white sheets. I didn't dare look at the time. I just wanted to lay by his side, till he woke up. My fingers slided down his bare chest, and circled around his muscles on his torso. My eyes wandered down to the hem of his boxershorts, barely visible under the duvet, where his blue skin disappeared to an unknown place. Maybe if my head didn't hurt so much I would have gone further. Maybe if this wasn't my first time with a boy, I wouldn't have held back. Maybe if I didn't feel like I didn't deserve him... He'd warned me about Quicksilver, but I didn't know what his intentions were by telling me to stay away from him. No matter what, I wouldn't mess up like that again. I knew what I wanted, and it wasn't the boy with the silver hair. It was the boy already laying by my side, I didn't need anything else.

I felt Kurts hand curl around mine, which rested on his torso. He opened his eyes. For a moment I forgot every thought in my head, as the windows to Kurts soul stared directly into my eyes. "You're awake." He said and smiled. I slowly moved over to bury my head in his chest. "No I'm not." I said, hoping it somehow convinced him. I felt his fingers run through my hair, it was such a nice feeling, I wanted to stay like that for the rest of the day. "Was is zee time?" His morning voice was husky and deep, and I just wanted him to tell me a story, so I could listen to his voice for a longer time. "I don't know, I'm sleeping." I breathed. "I have to get to zee mansion. I have school too, and one of zee professors has made me somezing." He rolled unto his back, and left me laying cold and alone, as he got up. He started putting on his clothes, and I sat up with a frown. My head was pounding as I sat up, and remembered all the glasses of wine from yesterday. I felt like it was a perfect day to bunk off school. It wouldn't be hard to convince my dad I wasn't feeling well, as I really wasn't. He would never suspect I'd been drinking anyway.

"I'll leave now." He said, now fully clothed. "No no wait." I got up from the bed too, and noticed I was still wearing the red dress from yesterday. My shoes were thrown in a corner of my room. Kurts eyes were on me, and on my dress, and time was standing still. He opened his mouth, like he was about to say something, but closed it again. I moved over to stand before him, to look him in the eyes. He was smiling, and I was just happy that he was still here. "I'm sorry about yesterday. I promise I'll make it up to you another day." I said. I leaned in to give him a hug, to feel his arms wrapped around me just one last time before he left. The hug only lasted for 2 seconds, when Kurt grabbed my shoulders to pull me back. His finger formed like a hook under my chin, and pulled my head up. He kissed me. He cupped my face, and placed his soft lips on mine. It didn't last for long, but my lips never forgot. I was standing still as he climbed out my window, and disappeared. My mind replaying what just happened.

***

The next couple of days mainly consisted of me going to school. Me going home. Me thinking about Kurt. Me trying to gather courage to go see Kurt. Me ending up watching a movie instead. I didn't know what it was about him, that made me turn into a little girl again. Something inside me had changed, and I didn't know how to react to it. It was a good but overwhelming feeling, that was slowly taking over my body. I couldn't breath. I couldn't eat. I couldn't concentrate in school. I just needed a friend. Rogue. I hadn't visited her since last week, and I did promise to come visit another time. It was better than laying home watching old romantic movies in my bed, and my dad was properbly visiting my mom, so I'd be all alone.

People were as always outside the mansion playing ball, or just talking. Some of them were waving at me, as they were properbly used to seeing me around the mansion by now. I went straight to Rogues room, when I got inside the mansion, but found it empty. Then I thought to go look outside in the backyard, as it was such a nice weather, and there were always alot of people outside. On my way down I saw a familiar face, that I recognized from the first time I was here. A man with an ageless face. Logan. Logan knew Rogue, so I went to ask him, if he'd seen her. "Sorry... You just missed her. She's on a mission right now. She might not be back before tonight." "What kind of mission?" I wondered. I was a little proud of her, that she'd been chosen for a mission. "It's just some crazy mutant, they're trying to stop. He wants to turn all the humans into mutants." He shook his head. "Oh okay... thanks anyway." Logan went up the stairs and I was left standing in the hall, not knowing what to do with myself. I went outside and sat down on a bench on the front porch. I had just wasted a busticket, and I didn't feel like going home to nothing. I didn't get to ask if Kurt was on the mission too, but maybe he was somewhere around the mansion. If only I had the courage to fight my growing feelings for him, and go look for him. My eyes wandered around the frontyard, observing the kids playing ball. I felt jealousy. Even though they were the outcasts, they still had somewhere they belonged. They all had each other, and I felt inbetween. I belonged in both worlds, and I didn't. I had my 'inbetween' in my lonely room, burried under my duvet. That's the only place I really belonged. Sometimes, I'd give everything to be one of the mutants. Have the power to fly, so I could fly away whenever the world was too much for me. To be another bird in the sky. Thats all I would've wanted.

I noticed two guys walking down the driveway, one of them I recognized. He wasn't easy to forget, due to the fact that he was the tallest guy I'd ever met. When they got to the front porch and saw me, the other guy stopped up. He was smiling at me, like he knew me. Like he'd found something he'd lost. And I felt like I knew that smile all too well. It was a beautiful smile. He had messy brown hair and blue eyes. He was wearing a grey t-shirt, and a pair of black jeans. A cross was hanging out his pocket. He whispered something to the tall guy, who then went inside, but the all too familiar guy went over to me. "Recognize me?" The words were formed in a german accent. The german accent I'd come to love. "Ehm..." I was completely lost for words, I couldn't believe he was human. And how? I deeply hoped it wasn't his choice, but I couldn't help but get lost in these blue eyes before me. "How did this happen?" I finally asked. He grinned. His teeth was perfectly square and straight. No pointed teeth.

"As I told you zee ozer day, one of zee professors had made me somezing." He streched his arm out before me, and pointed at a watch around his wrist. "When I'm wearing zis, I'll look like a normal person." He couldn't stop smiling, like he'd just found all the confidence he'd been missing. He didn't just look beautiful, he looked handsome. It was exact the same futures on his face, but just without the blue colour and the golden eyes. But I was still disappointed, cuz I thought he was begining to find confidence in his real appearence. "But you're fine without the watch." I said frowning. He sat down beside me, a little too close for my brain to work. He grazed the back of my hand with his index finger, and slowly turned my hand around, and intertwined our fingers. "I can do zis." His thump were making circles on the back of my hand, leaving goosebumps traveling up my arms. Our hands fit perfectly together, like they never could if he weren't wearing the watch. I turned my head to see his eyes already on me. So blue. "I'd just wish you'd accept yourself as you are. Not that I don't like you like this." I grinned at him. I noticed he had freckles covering his cheeks and nose. Small dots, only visible up close. "I have been out wis Colossus yesterday, and today. We ate on a pizzaria, and no one looked at me." I frowned at him as he said it. He did seem like he'd much more confidence, and it suited him. "Theres no price in hiding who you are. You only end up losing yourself." He frowned at me too. His hand was still hugging my hand, like he'd never let go, and I wouldn't let him if he tried. My other hand found its way to his face, to graze the nude skin on his cheek. His pink lips looked even fuller in contrast to his nude skin. My finger grazed his buttom lip, and his mouth opened slightly. I looked down on his other hand, and studied the watch. To think that a watch could change your appearence like that. I wondered if it could do the opposite to me. My hand reached for his wrist, and tried to pull the watch off his hand. "No stop." He raised his voice. I stopped in my tracks to look at his face. Blue eyes. Nude skin. "I promise I'll take it off when I'm ready one day." "If you wear it all the time, you will never be ready." I said in a weak voice. I let go of his wrist, and grabbed his hand to feel his five fingers again. Five, skinny, long fingers. "I promise..." He said. He grabbed my chin, and before I knew it, his soft lips were on mine. It was still the same feeling no matter appearence. Same sparks in my chest. Same lungs that won't let me breath. This was still the same blue guy that I was falling for.

"Do you want to get out of here?" He asked, barely letting go of my lips. "Like go to the city?" I asked, not letting him go. "Yes." He leaned back and grabbed hold of my hand. His warm touch melting every part of my body. We got up and went down the driveway. It was kind of weird, not having a tail following you around everywere. I did miss that tail. I did miss the blue colour. But for now I could get used to this new face.

"Hey Y/N." I stopped up to look for the source of the voice. To the left I saw Quicksilver sitting on a bench by himself. "Hey?" I said. "I just wanted to say, that I'm sorry about your mom." He said. I felt Kurts hand fasten his grip on my hand. "What do you mean?" I wondered how he could possibly know anything about my mom. "That she's in the hospital. I was visiting my mom at the hospital, when I found out about your mom." He was smiling, but I could see the pain in his eyes. I could feel Kurt trying to drag me away, but I stood my ground. "Uhm yeah. Sorry about your mom too." I didn't know what to answer him. "And thank you for spending the evening with me wednesday. I hope you'll enjoy your date with Kurt as much as you did with me." He winked at me, and I didn't even need to look at Kurt to know how angry he was, I could feel it in his hand. "We're leaving now." Kurt said shortly, and dragged me away. "That was weird." I said, as we passed the gate too the mansion. His grip on my hand relaxed, as Quicksilver was out of sight. "That's how he is. You can't trust him."