The silver & The gold

Waking up saturday was the best feeling. No school. No morning stress. I slowly opened my eyes that morning, not really wanting to wake up yet, to see the sun high on the sky, the light licking my body, giving me warmth. My smile widened as I remembered my plans for today. Go to the x-mansion, to visit Kurt. It was enough to make me want to get out of bed. I got up only wearing panties, as the summer heat was too much for clothes at night. I took a shower, using my expensive shower gel, to make me smell nicer. I brushed my hair, and put on some basic makeup. A summerdress was what I ended up wearing, as the heat would be unbearable in anything else. I went downstairs to grab a cup of coffee, and piece of bread with cheese. 

"What are you dressed up for today?" My dad asked behind his newspaper. "I'm just going out with Rogue, it's such a nice weather." I lied. My dad didn't mind the mutants, but he wasn't fond of them either. I wasn't ready to tell him anything about a guy I'd met, who was blue and had a tail. Some people might be scared of his looks, but I somehow adored him. I wasn't sure of this feeling, but one thing I did know: I was excited to see him again. 

When it was 12 o'clock, I thought it was perfect timing to get on the bus. There had to be someone awake at this time in the mansion. After the 20 minute long bus ride, I found myself yet again walking through the gate that separated Xaviers school, from the rest of westchester county. I walked down the driveway, trying to figure out how to find Kurt, once I was inside. I should properbly just ask for him, or if he's impossible to find, go to Rogues room. I got to the end of the driveway, and up the front porch to open the door. Just when I got inside, I saw my life flash before my eyes, as a ball coming from the staircase, was headed directly towards my face. My hands shot up as a reflex, to stop the ball from hitting my face, but just as it was about to collide with my hands, someone came out of nowhere, and pushed me aside. I fell to the ground. Confused about what just happened, I immediatly thought of Kurt and his teleporting ability. He teleported in front of me, to stop the ball from hitting me.

"You okay down there?" That wasn't a german accent, but just a normal american. I looked up, to see a boy with silver hair, stretching his hand out for me to grab. "Sorry about that, they shouldn't be kicking balls around inside. Hey everyone, go outside if you want to play with balls." He said the last thing to the other kids in the hall. I accepted his outstretched hand, and he helped me to my feet again. "thanks... wasn't expecting that when I opened the door." I said sarcasticly. He had a very permanent smile plastered on his face, that curled like a bow at the corners of his mouth. "You're new student? Going to see the professor?" He asked trying to figure me out. "No, I don't have any speciel abilities, besides being magnetic to balls. I'm just looking for a friend of mine." he grinned at me. "Who're you looking for?" he asked. "Kurt. Kurt Wagner." He looked puzzled at me, like he had no idea what I was talking about. "You know.. blue skin, tail, you might know him as nightcrawler." I said, hoping he at least recognized my description of him. "Oh Nightcrawler. He isn't really a morning person, you might find him in his room, or properbly eating breakfast." He explained. "Oh thanks." It had to be at least 12.30 am now, so he had to be a really bad morning person, if he hadn't left his room yet. "I'm Pietro by the way. You can always ask if you need help defending balls another time." He said winking. "Don't think that will be necessary, but thanks." I said smiling politely. I noticed his eyes studied my face. From my eyes to my mouth, as he was wearing a slighty smaller, but still permanent smile. I tried collecting my thoughts, finding the right words, so that I could leave. "Maybe I'll see you around? I'll go find Kurt now." I smiled, and left him standing by the door.

 I headed to kitchen first, to see if Kurt was eating breakfast, but I only found 3 people sitting by the table, neither of them blue. They looked like they were in a serious conversation. I only heard a bit of what they were saying, but the words made me stop up. "So the mutant is a telepath, just like Charles? That'd be a problem." Said a woman with white hair, sitting at the left side of the table. "Yeah, but unfortunatly he's also born with 3 eyes, so he might have trouble fitting in, unlike Xavier. We can't tell what he's been through in his life, but we're thinking it hasn't been easy, since he's now threatening the government and now also the rest of the human specie. He's not pulling back, we have tried talking to him." A dark haired man said. I immediatly understood what they were talking about. That mutant Rogue was talking about too. I slowly slided away from the kitchen door, so they didn't think I was earsdropping, and was now facing the hall again. If this mutant was angry, it properbly wouldn't be a good thing to threaten the government. Acting out of anger never ends well. I started worrying a bit, cuz the last thing I wanted was another big war between humans and mutants. Last time they ended up killing more than a 1000.