Part 5

Weeks of forging signatures and living an unfavorable lifestyle had passed before they had come in range of the once known home. When this blessing occurred, the signal which connected the children to this home was no more but they recognized their surroundings of shady business and inhibitors to find the sought for shelter. Since the two children had weeks to create a solid story, convincing their father of remaining their provider would not convince to be a problem and the forgeable checks would certainly be a motivation. The unrestrained prisoners would prove to be quite a surprise to their father. This astonishment would be secluded to him because soon after the sibling's departure the two parents separated for he was quite cross with her for persuading him to give away his most beloved treasures. The disengagement was quickly finalized when the death of the displeasurable woman occurred after an unforeseen fire at the apartment. While recollecting to the children, he shared "I constantly told the landlord to resupply the apartments with fire extinguishers but he was such a procrastinator. Though I do blame myself, I could just have well done the task as simply as I could have perished in the flames." He stared upon the grey sky while the children recovered from the distressing similarity too their epic story.

They explained to the father that at their arrival the old woman was quite nasty but they continued to remain respectable to her. Describing the smells, the stains, and even the obscure kitchen which they dined in. Portraying the stay as what the father could compare to as a hellish experience. When the night of their escape was introduced, was when disinformation commenced also. As any loving father would agree that night was a tragic one, to say the least. For those poor children to watch as the sorrowful old woman ignited herself in an attempt to escape her miserable existence and for their only comfort to be that before her planned demise as a trying to cleanse herself of sin she left all her checks to the last of her victims. After the children concluded their story, the father had no desire to ask any inquiries fearing that doing would lead to unimaginable pain. The experience in a whole was insufferable to all who participated. The father who though gained a fortune was reminded of two horrid facts. The money that which brought him a replica of joy was blood money earned from a miserable life and that the complete bond that the family once shared could be no more; for he had lost his children's trust and no amount of pleasures and apologies could regain such a virtue. To Hansel, she was possibly the most blissful of the party because she, unlike her brother, was only stalked by the feeling of regret for not being there in her greatest ally's time of need. Finally, to Gretel, he would never recover from what he did. He would remain comfortable and maybe even content with himself but the remorse, wickedness, and sorrow would never concede to haunt the matured boy. He would become everything he despised vexation and ungratefulness would consume him until the dark day came when he found that ever-ending match for himself.