21

A good way to not think about horrible things is to distract yourself.

And that's what I was doing.

Apparently, Aubree insisted I go to school the next morning, throwing me baggy clothes as if wanting me to look homeless. I shrugged, not caring about what I entirely looked now as I got changed without protesting. Looking in the mirror and thinking I didn't need to brush my hair, I made my way downstairs to the kitchen, walking to the fridge without saying good morning to my dad or Anastasia.

Turning around with my orange juice in my hand, my dad stared at me before dropping his fork whereas Anastasia looked horrified as she dropped her french toast. I arched an eyebrow at the both of them whilst Aubree made her way to the stool next to my dad, her eyes plastered to her phone. I watched my dad nudge Aubree once and then twice, finally getting her attention and when her eyes scanned my whole figure, she let out a an ear piercing scream.

"No, no no!" Aubree shouted after gasping as she quickly rushed to my side and used her fingers to comb my hair as if thinking it would magically tame them.

"You gave me these clothes," I said with an eye roll.

"Yes, so you can style it," Aubree replied with a groan as she bit her lip. "Oh for goodness sake."

"What's happening to Thea, Aubree?" my dad asked, his eyebrows furrowing as if that would make Aubree talk.

"She's on her periods," Aubree answered innocently.

"I am not-" I was suddenly interrupted when a small hand flew to my mouth, shutting me right up.

"Let me help her," Aubree whispered as she grabbed my wrist and dragged me all the back to my room which consisted of climbing those stairs.

Once Aubree made me sit down on my bed, she rushed out of my room then returned within seconds later with a pair of handcuffs. She handcuffed my ankle to the leg of my nightstand, placing the key on my windowsill before running into my walk-in closet then started going through my clothes.

"Girl, you need to keep your shit together," Aubree said, taking out a black crop top with a white Adidas print. "You are better than this. You are a Pearson." Aubree looked through my bottoms, taking out a pair of denim shorts then made her way deeper inside my closet to my shoe collection, taking out my Adidas black and white Superstars before throwing all of those things at me. "Get changed, woman."

"How am I supposed to when I'm attached to my night stand?" I questioned through the pile of clothes that was hanging off on my head, my voice sounding muffled.

Not being able to see anything, after a few seconds, I felt the metal handcuff erase itself from my ankle as I lazily stood up and walked towards my bathroom with the clothes still on top of my head. Before I could take another small step, I felt two small but strong hands push me into the direction of the bathroom, hearing it click shut before I stomped my feet a thousand times on the tiles.

"Get change!" Aubree shouted in annoyance behind the door.

I did what I was told to do.

After getting changed, Aubree straightened my hair quickly as she used one of those hair brush straighteners before she and I grabbed our custom made pink leather small backpacks that were sitting patiently on the stools, rushing towards her beautiful Porsche. It took us no longer than five minutes to reach school due to her speeding, mentally hoping she received a speeding ticket as we both rushed to our first class of the day which was, sadly, Maths.

Anastasia was waiting for us in front of the school as she quickly led us towards the class, using herself as an excuse.

"Sorry, Miss Moore but please excuse my girls for being late," Anastasia apologised with an innocent smile on her face. "Aubree's car broke down so my husband had to take them to school and we all know my husband drives really slow."