Chapter 12

Chapter 12

           My eyelids flew open, blinking a few times to clear my vision. The morning sun shining through the lace curtains kissed my still tear-stained cheeks. I reluctantly picked myself up from the dark red carpet and hobbled into the bathroom, cringing at my disheveled appearance in the mirror. My hair was a tangled mess, still reeking of dirt and lake water, and my eyes were puffy and red and had dark purple circles shadowing the area beneath them. I took some ice-cold water in my palms and let the water cleanse my face, shocking me to life.

“You’re awake!” Called Lacey form the kitchen, obviously hearing the tap running. I heard her bare feet slap over to the bathroom and was almost hit by the door when she swung it open.

“Hey, babe. I feel like I haven’t seen you in ages.” She said slinging her arms around me. I hugged her back tight.

“It’s only been a day or so.” I said back, not certain if I was correct. I didn’t know how long I had slept.

“I cooked you some pop tarts in the kitchen. Sorry about last night by the way, did you hear the second one come in?” she asked chewing a piece of bacon. I shook my head no. I wasn’t surprised that she had two partners in one day.

“The second one was much better. Also black, but bigger cock. We went two rounds on the couch. I’m shocked you didn’t hear, I was screaming bloody murder.” I tried not to be appalled. She fucked two black guys in one day, with me only a room away trying to sleep through thoughts of my father’s suicide. I was just glad she didn’t fuck someone on the bed while I was on the floor beneath it; although I wouldn’t be too astounded if she did.

“So how are you feeling, hun?” She asked, picking at her eyelashes in the mirror.

“I’m fine.” I lied. She rubbed my back and gave me a sympathetic look.

“When you need to talk, I’ll always be here.” She said. I shot her the same fake half-smile as I gave to Drake and she squeezed my shoulders before heading back to the kitchen. After combing out my hair I followed her, and munched on the pop tart she made me. I really didn’t feel like eating, but the only thing I had eaten in two days was an ice cream cone, so I figured it wouldn’t be smart not to starve myself for much longer.

“I think Eli is going to take us out tonight.” Lacey remarked. A small glint of excitement grew inside of me. I was happy to get out and take my mind off of wanting to die.

***

I flicked some more mascara over the top of my false eyelashes while Lacey toyed with her boobs in the mirror.

“Do they look big enough?” She inquired. I nodded with a slight giggle, referring to how silly she was being. Obviously she could get enough dick without trying that hard, so it was a laugh to see her mess around so much.

“Let me see you.” She demanded. I turned to face her, and the corners of her mouth turned up. My eyelids were coated in black glitter, and my black lipstick brought a creepy but sexy vibe to it. My hair to teased to its prime and my dress was so tight I had to constantly adjust it. I had borrowed it from Lacey, so obviously it looked more sluttish than I would normally go for. It was a skintight deep purple halter dress, covered in black lace and the back was nothing but lace. My black pumps that I always wore were now tarnished with glitter but I kind of liked it.

“Hot.” Lacey chimed. It was nearly ten, and Eli would be here any minute.

“And me?” requested Lacey, spinning around to grant me a better view. Her dress was almost neon green, with rips all down the back, revealing sheer, sparkly black, fabric underneath it. Her hair was in a ponytail on top of her head with large black earrings dangling down nearly to her shoulders. Her winged eyeliner could compare to Amy Winehouse, and her bright red lips really clashed. She sometimes liked the clashing look, so I didn’t say anything. I gave her a satisfactory thumbs up as we heard a singsong knocking at the door.