chapter six

The final bell rang and I walked to the girls locker room to change into my white shirt and black shorts with cheer shoes. I threw my hair up and walked out into the gym to try out for the cheer team for the couch.

"Hey!" I said. "I'm Allie Stateman."

"Very nice to meet you Allie," said the couch. "I'm couch Holland."

"Nice to meet you too!"

"Well Allie show me a few chants."

I cleared my voice and began to go into a stance. "C-A-T-S! Cats the best!"

"Very nice!" complimented couch Holland.

"Thank you!" I replied nodding.

"Let's see a jump now."

I jumped to my highest height and did a pike.

"Wow impressive! Now let's see some tumbling."

My stomach turned, this was the all deciding factor. I ran across the gym floor and did a round off, hand, hand, tuck. Making sure to land it.

"Congratulations Allie Stateman, you're officially a Wildcat cheerleader!" announced couch Holland.

"No way are you serious! Thank you so much!" I said with excitement slapped across my face.

"The pleasure is all mine," said couch Holland with a delicate smile on her face.

"When are practices?" I asked.

"Every Tuesday and Thursday after school until 4:30 pm!"

"Thanks!" I grabbed my stuff and headed out of the gym. I turned the corner and what I saw had me in total shock.

"Ethan?" I asked. He was standing there with a pile of yellow roses, my favorite, and a bag of Snickers candy bars. Which are my favorite candy.

"So you know how I said I had a surprise?" he asked with a grin on his face.

"Yeah?"

"Well you don't have to wait in suspense anymore."

"Eth-" I started but instead he cut me off.

"Allison Nicole Stateman," Ethan pronounced. "I wanted to know if you would be my girlfriend?"

"Oh my god Ethan, yes!" I shouted taking the flowers and candy. I wrapped my arms around his torso. I felt him stretch his arms down and hug me back. I felt calm, as if all of my worries went away. I was safe and secure in his arms. I didn't want to let go. I tilted my chin up and looked into his deep brown eyes, keeping our bodies interlocked.

"Guess what," I said. He got a huge smile on his face.

"What?" he asked.

"I made the cheer team!" I blurted.

"Oh my god Allie that's great!" he said.

"I'm officially the luckiest girl on Earth."

A huge smile formed on his face leaving me breathless.

sorry for such a short chapter!! I promise the next one will be longer and better!! how do you guys feel about Allie and ethan finally being together!! next chapter (7) will be up Wednesday!!