chapter three

I looked up from my bag of sour strawberries and saw Ethan staring at me. He quickly looked over at Gray and said something that I couldn't figure out from his lips. They began walking over so I shoved a strawberry in my mouth and looked away as if I didn't see them.

"Hey Allie, are you okay?" Ethan asked. I heard his voice shake which I found incredibly attractive.

"Um- yeah I'm fine," I replied avoiding eye contact, I couldn't lie while looking into his deep brown eyes. I looked up and our eye contact linked. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks and my mouth quiver.

Gray awkwardly interrupted our tense moment, "Okay well I'm-a-going to get a water bottle." We both turned our heads watching him walk up to the lunch line.

"So what time is your game again?" I asked. I remembered but I needed to break the silence.

"Six," Ethan replied with excitement in his eyes.

I was dreading that game, but I couldn't hurt Ethan's feelings so I put on a fake smile.

"Great! That time works perfect." I started to laugh but I stopped myself realizing it was awkward and unnecessary.

"What sports do you play or like?" Ethan asked trying to make conversation.

"Well I obviously don't play football," I started. Ethan laughed and looked at the floor, he was so cute when he did that and I couldn't help but stare. "I actually was thinking of trying out for cheer!"

"Oh haha that's great!" Ethan said, he didn't sound so amused to hear that.

"Yeah I-um actually was on the cheerleading squad at my last school, so I think I know what I'm doing."

"Well I wish you the best of luck!"

"Thank you!" I looked over and saw Grayson walking over, gripping his water bottle in his hand.

"I'm back!" He said.

"Sick bup," Ethan starting laughing and Gray joined in. I recognized 'bup' I think any fan would've.

"So what did I miss?" Grayson asked when he saw me sitting awkwardly with my arms crossed.

"Oh we were just talking about sports," I said nervously fixing my posture.

"Yeah you know Allies trying out for the cheer team?" Ethan added. Grayson raised his eyebrows and looked at Ethan with a reassuring look.

"Oh really?" He asked puzzled.

"Yeah I was on the cheer team at my last high school," I reminded.

"Oh-" Grayson started but was cut off by the sound of the bell.

"Well see you both later," I grabbed my book bag and walked out of the cafeteria playing back Ethans laugh in my mind.

*Grayson POV*

I honestly believe Ethan has lost his mind. "Bro do you seriously think it's a good idea for Allie to be cheering for you!"

"No! I think it's an awful idea! You know how territorial Sarah can get and this is not going to end well," Ethan said. I couldn't agree more with him. I saw him look over at Sarah's cafeteria table then to the door that Allie left through. "I'm going to go talk to Sarah."

I grabbed my stuff and left while Ethan walked over to Sarah and started making out with her. He clutched the small of her back. I was terrified for Allie, Sarah is going to tear her to pieces, literally.

sorry it's so short!! would you rather have long chapters once a week or short chapters a couple times a week?? lmk in the comments!!