*five* Bittersweet

By now it was around noon, and my father had still yet to return. Danny had left, but not much talking had been done. I feel like our friendship is completely ruined at this point. He seemed to really regret what happened, I can understand why though, he cheated on his girlfriend with his best friend.

         That honestly wasn't how I pictured my first time, in fact, I had it all planned out. It was going to be romantic, and sweet, and slow. 

        My stomach tightened at the thought of the pain that my body had gone through last night. My whole body ached. I clenched my jaw and slowly made my way into the kitchen, I had been craving an herbal tea all morning.

        As i was pouring water into a cup I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I looked at the screen and didn't recognize the number, but answered it anyway.

"Hello?" 

"Yes? Hello? Andy?"  The voice on the phone was obviously my father, I had to stop myself from groaning in frustration. 

"Yeah Dad?" I focused all of my energy on sounding pleasant.

"I wont be home tonight, you know where the food is, eat something for once."  And with that, the line went dead. 

        I sighed softly and put my phone away. This means i can basically do anything I want. 

        I put the tea bags in the water and headed back to my room, trying to decide whether to go to the park, or if i should just be a couch potato today.

       "The park, that way I might run into someone interesting." I finally decided out loud. I took a sip of my tea before opening my closet. I pulled out a a pair of burgandy skinny jeans and an Arch Enemy shirt. I turned away from my body mirror as i tugged off my clothes and slipped into my clean ones, turning back to it to realize that my hair was absolutely a mess. It was sticking up every which way and the back was a knotted mess. 

        "Probably from Danny pulling it so much last night" I grumbled to myself. I grabbed the brush and started working through the tangles, which was a lot harder than it sounds. 

        After i finished grooming myself I grabbed my tea and headed for the door, pausing in the bathroom doorway.

        I could feel the cold ground call my name, but not today. I have other things on the agenda. I took a deep breath and walked out the door, heading towards the park. It was nice today, cold, but not so cold that it was unpleasant. 

        I took a deep breath of the fresh air once I arrived at the park, the kind where you close your eyes and just let the cool air fill your lungs until they ache. When i opened my eyes I saw something beautiful, a man, a tall man at that, sitting at the base of the tree with his sketch book open. He seemed to be around 20 or so, at most 25. He had nice hair, the kind you just want to run your fingers through, in a wonderful auburn shade. He seemed to be very into his drawing, his glasses fell down to the tip of his nose every couple of seconds, and he would push them up quickly so he could return to his drawing. 

        I slowly wandered over to the guy and sat beside him, peeking at the book in his lap. He had drawn the park, it was perfect, the way the grass sprouted at the base of trees, and the children playing, it all looked so alive. 

        "That's really nice" I said quietly, putting a soft smile on my face, looking up to meet the strangers blue eyes. 

        "Thank you" was all he said before turning back to his art. 

        "I'm Andy, do you have a name?" I asked, my voice catching a bit, it was really difficult to be social. 

        "Carson, Carson Leadhorn" He took out the one ear bud he had in his ear, and from it i could hear a familiar song.

        "Is that Bittersweet Symphony?" I grinned at him a bit.

        "Why yes it is, good ear" He chuckled a bit and closed his sketchbook, turning his eyes on me. "How old are you?" He asked with a gentle voice. 

        "Almost 18, and yourself?" I cocked my head to the side a bit.

        He smiled at me a bit, "23" was all he said.

        "Nobody likes you when you're 23" I chuckled, quoting one of my favorite Blink-182 songs.

        He laughed, his laugh wasn't too loud, but it sure radiated happiness, you felt happy just hearing it. 

        "So you actually got my reference? Most people don't." I shrugged slightly.

*********************************

A/N:

Hello! It's been almost a year since I've updated this story, but i saw so many requests for it so i figured i would start back up! I'm sorry for this short, crappy chapter, im already working on the next one, so it should be up and ready soon! 

Whos this Carson guy?

:D Leave feedback and comments! Love you all!

(The picture on the side there would be what Carson looks like, only more of a reddish color for his hair)