chapter 5

As we were driving to the o2l house Conner and JC kept bothering me with questions, but I answered them anyway.

JC: "What is your fave movie genre?"

Me: "horror"

Conner: "fave youtuber?"

Me: "danisnotonfire, and you guys".

JC: "how did you end up at the orphanage?"

My smile faded. I told him the truth. "My mom died. And I never knew my dad so.....yeah". I feel a tear go down my cheek. And another. And another. Ricky cradle me in his arms, "that's enough guys" he says. "Sorry" they both say. I don't say anything but I do nod my head, and drifted off to sleep.

*flashback*

"Hey mom!" I say entering my house. "Hey. In the kitchen" she yells.

She was making something. "Watcha making?" I ask. She shows me. Its a birthday cake. "Happy birthday Emmie!" She says, then sings the happy birthday song.

I was just watching TV when I heard glass shadering from the living room. Not thinking I get up quick and run to my living room.

"Mom!" I screamed tears running down my eyes, I see my blurry mother sitting there on the ground with blood flowing out of her body. "Please god no! Not her!" I yell.

I get the phone and dial 911. I knew that they would not help, but it was would the shot.
My mother died on my birthday. And I will always celebrate it for her only.

*end of flashback*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~