Quickly I ate my pancake and stood up. “Wow Em, that’s really good.” I said truthfully, she merely nods at me and quickly I washed my plate and put it in the metal tray letting it to dry before speed walking to the door.

I look back behind me to see Nathan looking at me with pleading eyes. I look at him with sympathy and mouthed ‘sorry’ before running back to my room. I was half way up the stairs when Emma starts screaming, lecturing Nathan.

“What’s going on there?” Louise asks just as he came out of his room.

“Nathan broke a plate.” I said please to call our alpha by his name rather than adding alpha before his name like any other pack.

“I guess I’ll stay in my room for another half an hour.” Louise said before retreating back to his room.

I nod and run to my room in record time. I close the door behind me and look at my now neat bed and Saxon was now no where in sight. I shake my head not bothered about changing the bed sheet since Saxon decides to sleepwalk to my bed time to time.

I head to my own bathroom and quickly strip off my clothes before jumping into the shower letting the warm water hit my skin. I washed myself properly before idling under the water letting my mind relax.

Satisfied I step out of the shower and quickly dried myself with my favourite baby blue towel that Emma and Nathan got for me the first time I got here as I realise I didn’t pack my towel the time I run away. Once I knew I was dry enough, I hang the towel neatly rack on the side of the shower for easy access and let it dry while I slip on black lace pair underwear.

I hummed E.T. by Katy Perry as I grab a black trouser and smoothly slip it on before grabbing a white short puff sleeves shirt. I slide my arms through the arm hole and quickly button my shirt up before I dried my bleach blonde hair letting the curls stayed the way it is before tying it up into a high ponytail.

Grabbing a make up sponge, I quickly got it wet under the tap before squeezing all the excess water out of the sponge and putting a drop or two of my foundation before gently rubbing it around my face to create a thin layer of foundation that barely do anything on my face.

I grabbed my face power and pat it on my face to settle the foundation on my face before applying two coat of mascara making my eyelashes looks darker, fuller and longer as well as letting my baby blue eyes pops out more.

I grab my favourite peachy-nude colour lip-gloss and applied a layer on my lips letting out a swift of its scent and my favourite fruit, cherry.

I pulled away from my mirror and studied my look which I can tell you nothing much change except my eyelashes looks darker than normal. Quickly slipping onto my flat-shoes and ran downstairs.

“I’m going to work!” I announce and I heard an echoes of goodbye before I step out of the pack house and got into my new car that I received from everyone in the pack for my eighteen two months ago.

I slide inside the driver seat and gently close the door. I turn the ignition on and the car purred to live. I smile, put my seatbelt on before I look back to see a better view as I backed out of the driveway before speeding to work.

Once I saw the diner, I quickly parked the car in the staff parking lot before bolting to the diner which my boss, Trisha greeted me happily before returning back to work.

Work was always the same, people comes in for breakfast, lunch and dinner and some even just come to the diner to hit on me but to Trisha it was nothing as long as they buy something to eat because if they don’t she’ll be happy to throw them out of the diner which by the way I been mentally begging that she’ll do it now so I don’t have to deal with them.

By eight, I was finish with my shift and happily sign out before driving back to the pack house. When I got to the pack house I realise there was an extra car parked in the driveway but the car wasn’t any ordinary car but a limousine.

What’s going on? I asked Nathan through the mind link.

Just get inside, The Council is here. I felt myself froze mid-step as I was about to get out the car.

The Council!? I asked in panic. I never met them before but I heard that whenever they visit a pack, it means business or bad news. Are we in trouble?

Nathan chuckles through the mind link. No but some packs are. I was about to asks him what happened but he seems to read minds now because he quickly add. Just come inside the meeting room and you’ll know the full details.

I nod even though I knew he can’t see me but knowing him, he knew what I just did.

I made my way inside the pack house but I couldn’t get the feeling that Nathan wasn’t happy about something and since he was our alpha, we have a strong bond to him.

We can feel certain emotions from him like happiness, love, anger and hate. Right that instant when we were talking through the mind link I felt the anger and I couldn’t help but wonder what cause it.

I knock three times at the meeting room door before a faint ‘come in’ answered and I turn the knob and got in. “Ah! So you must be Cherry the girl who joined this pack two years ago.” An older looking woman greeted me with a smile. I bowed my head to show some respect. “Be seated child.”

I did what I was told and I sat next to Nathan and Arvin our beta. “Now, where were we?” An older man said beside the woman who talked to me. “Ah that’s right! The hunters attacked the Greenwood Pack.”

I tense up from shock not because of the hunter part that our kind loathes since centuries ago but the fact that he mention my old pack.

Nathan and Arvin notice this and gave me a sympathy look. The Crescent Pack knows about my past and there was a time when I told them everything I been through.

They weren’t happy about it and wanted to kick their ass but that was before Nathan was still the soon-to-be alpha. I seem to doze off because the next thing I knew the old man was talking something I truly wished to refuse.

“Since Nathan can’t leave the pack because of his position, I trust you Arvin to lead a small group to help the Greenwood Pack to rebuild their damage town with the help of you third in command Cherry.”

I gawked at him not sure if I would be executed or badly punish if I refuse him. I knew The Council doesn’t know about my past but at that moment I badly want to tell them all about it.

The Council stood up and left but I remained frozen on the spot still gawking at nothing but an empty space.

Nathan pats my shoulder and I look up to him to see different emotion running through his eyes. “I really wish I could send someone else but you heard what they said. You must accompany Arvin and the group to the Greenwood Pack.”

I groaned and put my face on my palm. For the first time since I got into Crescent Pack and got the position of the third in command which means the strongest pack member after the alpha and beta, I truly regret and hate having this position.