04 -Match

chap 4

It was pretty simple for a match to be set up.All one really needed to do was to request for a match and players would flock to see what they could gain. The more money someone put into a match,the more points it was worth, the more points it was worth,the more players it would attract. Better players made for a more interesting match. It really was entertainment for the top.

People would gamble,make bets on who would win. These were managed by the game masters. Any profit made went into the games.

Players fought regularly.Things weren't cheap and unless you wanted to barely scrape together a living,you had to earn points. It was a winner takes all world. If you died in a match with no will then all your assets went to the winner. Then of course came revenge. Revenge against a stronger player for killing or defeating a friend,loved one,provider,it really didn't matter.It was all about the game.

With matched ongoing all the time, it really was no wonder that players watched them. It was really the only source of free entertainment. And so Kuro and Shiro found themselves in one of these as spectators.

The stages were each vastly different and unique in their own way. This time,an information broker was covering the match. As it was the only source of free entertainment, covering a match was a big deal not many could do. Background checks were necessary as well as any other details to make it seem even more interesting. Of course,bets were also made here. The only difference being that points were used.

"Okay everyone.How about you all settle down? I, Torikku, will be covering the match today!

Yosh! Shall we begin? This time we have a thousand dollar match worth a hundred points. Over here I have Viper, the poison user and Piero who uses string.

So? Who will win in this times death match?"

At this, the meager crowd had their attention sparked. It was rare that a death match was called. In a death match, it only ended when someone died or an external force paid to save them. Needless to say, no one really got saved unless they affected anyone greatly.

"Hmm, this time it's a little to do with revenge it seems! Pierohere had his girlfriend die to Viper in a match. So, how will this turn out? Now then, Piero and Viper, since one of you is probably going to die, any last words?"

Torikku cocked his head to the side. "Oh, I guess not. Then may the strongest win! As requested by Pierre, we have a special stage set up. This time it's a Dripstone [1] stage. Now, shall we begin?"

Meanwhile, a voice full of childish delight giggled.

"Onii-chan, this looks fun! When can we enter a match?"

-------------------------------------

[1] Dripstone is a word used to collectively refer to stalagmites and stalactites. These are rock formations found in caves. They're the ones you see jutting out from the ground or from the ceiling. It's really beautiful.

Piero -pronounced as pee-eh-ro

-

I've been doing research...my character's names all have a meaning except for the ones I don't really care about...tell me if you can figure out what their names mean.

Pingu out~