Chapter Twenty

Alexis's POV
I sat across from Kovarian, staring her right in the eyes. She smiled cruelly at me, and stood.

"Why do you need my baby?" She threw her head back, laughing, and then she looked back at me, smiling coldly.
"Right to the point. Of course. Why didn't I guess that? Your child is a new unique combination. One third time lord, one third bane, and one third human. There would be so many opportunities that would present itself. And I am going to do what I am capable. And you're going to give me your child." I stood, facing her.
"I doubt it. You will not use my baby as a science experiment. You will take my child over my dead body." She locked eyes with me, and it seemed like she was nervous.

"Well, that can be arranged. But I will have that baby. Guard! Take this impertinent girl to her to her cell. If she is so determined, she can stay there until the baby is born." She turned back to me.
"I'm not completely heartless. I'll bring you a bit of food in a couple minutes. But you can stay there, and you can think about how you got your husband killed. Because he is dead. That impact was enough to snap his neck, and it probably did." I held back the tears until the Sontaran locked me in a tiny room. It had nothing more that a small cot and a tiny window looking out across the galaxy. I hit my knees sobbing. My husband was dead. My daughter was going to be taken from me any time now. History was repeating itself, and my daughter would have the same fate as I did. And that hurt me worse than any bullet or blow.

Sky's POV
I sat on the edge of my desk, watching Martha work. Luke just lay there, lifeless. She shook her head grimly, looking up at me.

"Didn't realize you were still here. You okay?" I shrugged.
"He's my brother. I'm not just going to leave. He's the only sibling I've got. And I'm not sure. I just found out he might be dying. It's not fair!" I burst into tears, and she came over, hugging me.
"Hey, it's okay. If his neck had broken, he would die, but I'm positive he's going to be okay. He will recover, but he is going to have a difficult limp. There's no way to work around that. But he is going to live. And he should wake up any moment now." We sat there with mum, waiting. Mr. Smith had found Alexis on a place called Demon's Run. Now all that had to happen was Luke had to wake up. He and Alexis had hidden the vortex manipulator, and we didn't know where it was. Suddenly, he gasped, and tried to jerk up. Martha held him still, and I grabbed his hand.

"Luke! Hey, it's okay. It's okay. Hold still. It's Sky." He looked at me, fear evident in his eyes.
"Sky......Alexis! Kovarian took her. She said that she wants Celia. One third time lord, one third bane, one third human. Perfect for something, I just don't know what." Martha grimaced, placing two fingers on his wrist. She nodded slightly, helping him start to sit up. Luke sucked in a breath, his shoulders stiffening. He squeezed his eyes shut, clenching his fist as the pain shot through his body.

"What did she do?" A tear slipped down his cheek. If he was crying, I could only imagine how bad the pain was. He never cried. Ever.

"Mr. Smith said she pretty much threw you almost 20 feet across the attic. You hit the wall pretty hard. Luke, I know it's hard, but we need to know something. Where did you and Alexis hide the vortex manipulator?" He nodded towards my desk.
"Can you hand me a notebook and pen, please? I have to write something down." I handed them to him, and he wrote something down, with some difficulty.
"That's where it is, and the necessary combination to find the Tardis. Please, Sky. You, Jenny, Rose, and the Doctor go. You have to stop her. She can't have Celia." I gently squeezed his hand, and I headed downstairs, where Sarah Jane sat, looking at a picture of the two of them, Alexis, and her parents on their wedding day. I slipped out the back door, heading next door. I found the hidden key, and opened the door, locking it behind me. I slipped into their bedroom, sliding the closet door open. There it was. Alexis's wedding dress. I pulled it out, gently taking it off the hanger and feeling around on the inside.

"Yes!" I whispered, pulling out the watch like device. I slipped it on my wrist, and put the dress back. I tapped the code for the Tardis, and heard pounding. I hit the button, and vanished. I landed in the Tardis, feeling like I was going to puke. I saw the Doctor, Rose, and Jenny standing around the console.

"Sky! What's going on here?" The Doctor nearly shouted, and I explained the situation. He, Jenny and Rose immediately agreed, and we headed off. And it was just our luck that we landed in the room where Alexis was. She was crying, like she was in pain.

"Alexis. Hey, it's me. It's your mum." She looked up, wiping her eyes.
"Mum! Dad!" She hugged them, tears still trickling. Then, she looked them in the eyes.
"She wants Celia. One third time lord, one third human, and one third bane. A supposedly perfect combination. Sky....Is Luke-?" I took a deep breath, shaking my head.
"No. He's still alive. It's just that when he recovers, he's going to have a pretty bad limp. But Martha said he'll survive." We heard Kovarian's heels clicking, and scrambled into the Tardis, slamming the door. She screamed at us, furious, as the Tardis headed home. And the Doctor, as we flew away, said something.

"That was your third chance. No more." And then he blew up the station, with her still on it. Hopefully, things would finally be peaceful.