Chapter Nineteen

Luke's POV
                             It had been seven months, and Celia Rose would be coming any day now. It seemed like everyone was tense, myself and Alexis included. That night, I lay on the sofa, tears leaking slowly down my cheeks. We had both snapped, and had a fairly large fight. I'd said some things I regretted, and I'd hurt her. But the last thing she said had stuck a knife straight in my heart. She said she wished she hadn't used up all her regenerations so she could find someone who truly did love her. I'd started crying, and she'd gone to the bedroom. I heard the door shut, and I heard her sobbing. I closed my eyes, knowing she wasn't willing to listen to me right now. I'd talk to her in the morning, when we both had some time to calm down first. The next morning, I saw there was a message from my mum, so I headed on over. But when I got there, everything was silent. Then, I heard a scream.

       "Luke! Help me, please!" Alexis. I dropped my phone and keys, hearing mum pulling up. I dashed up to the attic, and then I saw her. Madame Kovarian had an arm around her neck, and a Sontaran blaster against the side of her head. She had a terrified look on her face, and I could see the other thing running through her mind. Celia.

      "Ah, Luke. How lovely to see you again. It's been quite awhile." I could feel the fury rushing through my mind, but managed not to move.
      "Kovarian. Let my wife go." She smirked, cocking her head to one side.
     "Oh, Luke. I didn't come for her. I want something else. I want the baby. So just stay out of this, and Miss Lexi will come back alive." Alexis gasped, and I clenched my fists.
     "Out of the question. I won't ask you again. Let her go. Now." She glared at me, her dark eyes flashing.
      "And I won't ask again. Step aside, and I'll let her go in a few days." I shook my head.
      "You're not going anywhere with her. Mr. Smith! Activate contain-" She shoved her hand forward, somehow sending me flying backward. I smashed into a wall, all the way across the attic, a good fifteen feet. Everything started to fade, and I heard Alexis cry out. Then, she and Kovarian vanished, and I heard mum, Jenny, and Sky come in. And Sky screamed when she saw me, dropping down beside me. My back and neck felt like they were on fire, and my chest felt like an elephant was on top of me. Then everything went black.

                      Sarah Jane's POV
     When we walked in, I saw Luke's mobile and keys lying on the floor, then a crash and a scream. I ran up the stairs behind Sky, and Jenny was behind me. We got into the attic, and Sky screamed, dropping to the ground beside Luke, who was deathly still.

       "Mr. Smith, I need you, and fast!" I called, dropping beside him, feeling for a pulse. There was one, but it was faint.
       "Yes, Sarah Jane. How can I assist you?" Jenny, Sky, and I gently lifted Luke, bringing him as close as necessary.
       "Mr. Smith, I need you to do a full scan on Luke. There's something terribly wrong." The green light came out, scanned him, and then he showed me a diagram on the screen.
       "Yes, Sarah Jane. Something is wrong. Luke has experienced some kind of brutal force. His spine has been broken in two places, and his neck is cracked. He also has several broken ribs. Might I suggest calling Martha Smith?" I gently placed my hand on his cheek.
        "Yes. Sky, will you call her? Explain to her what happened and tell her we need her immediate assistance. Mr. Smith, could you track Alexis, find out exactly where she is?"
        "Of course, Sarah Jane. I shall do what I can. Of course, there is a possibility that I will not have the ability to. Kovarian is the one who abducted her again, so they may not be able to be tracked." I nodded.
       "I understand. Do what you can. If you need to, contact the Doctor, and explain the situation to him." Sky looked up at me, putting away her phone.
       "I told her, and she said she and her husband Mickey will be over in about ten minutes with a little bit of smaller equipment. She said that it would be helpful we can move him onto a bed so it will be a little easier." I nodded.
       "We'll take him into my bedroom, put him on the bed in there." She shook her head.
       "Put him in my room. It's closer, and the bed's a little bit softer. I'll sleep on the sofa or I can use a sleeping bag." I looked at her pleading eyes, and smiled slightly. She really did care about her brother.

       "Alright. I think we can work that out. Jenny, can you help me move him? Sky, call Clyde and Jack, explain what happened. I also need you to stay here and see if Mr. Smith finds anything." Both girls nodded, and Sky started dialing. Jenny grabbed a sheet, helping get him onto it. We took the corners of the sheet, slowly carrying him down the stairs and into Sky's bedroom. Jenny went downstairs to get the door, letting Mickey and Martha in. Luke just lay there, so pale and lifeless. It broke my heart to see him like that, the exact opposite of who he was. He always talked about this or that, or was reciting Shakespeare. He was too silent.

       "Please, Luke. Don't go. I can't lose you, and neither can Alexis and Celia. Please. We need you." I just couldn't lose my only son.

Author's note- Hello! This video up top is a music video, so sad and so beautiful. If anyone knows who did the song, please let me know! Also, answer from last chapter is Tommy Knight played Luke Smith. True or false? Clara Oswald was named after Elisabeth Clara Sladen, also known as Sarah Jane Smith. Love you guys!