Chapter 29: Lilly

Start from the beginning

I did feel a bit concious about the fact that I had fading bruises covering my abdomen and thighs. Not pretty at all. 

As I made my way out, I was shocked by the sight in front of me. Nate and Ryan were just talking like civilised people. I would have been less surprised if they were punching each other but hey, progress. 

Nate noticed my presence and of course a smirk grazed his face. "Babe, why don't you wear stuff like that more often?" 

"Well, if it means I get to punch you more often then, I'm okay with it." I retorted hotly as I jumped into the ring ready for a round with Ryan. 

A few seconds later, Ryan was in the ring and Nate was on the side watching intently. We were circling each other and Ryan had this apprehensive look on his face. 

He's not going to attack me.   

I pounced on Ryan and delivered a right hook to his jaw, making his head snap to the side. Usually, Ryan would never leave his face unprotected. It's an amateur move. 

"What's wrong with you?" I questioned as we began circling each other again. 

"Nothing." his tone was clipped, he was getting angrier. Good.

I pounced on Ryan again and aimed for his face but this time he deflected my punch but i wasn't done with him I punched him right in the ribs, knocking the breath out of him and then kicked him in the back of the knee making it buckle as he fell to the floor. When his face  was right in line with my knee I gripped it and smashed it into my knee. Don't worry, I didn't break anything. 

When I finally let go, Ryan fell back and looked up at me, "What's distracting you? I just kicked your ass!" I shouted as I pulled him up.

"I tried to explain everything to you but you're the one who walked away. You really want to go to that fight?" He questioned as I folded my arms over my chest. 

"Hell yeah!"

It was already a few hours later and we were already in the arena. I was in the waiting room wearing a silk robe over my golden and black sports bra and shorts. I was currently having a mini-meltdown by myself until Nate came in. 

"You okay Lils?" Nate asked as he came closer and hugged me. I held him tighter afraid he would disappear from this moment altogether and I'll be alone again. 

"I'm really nervous Nate. This is the last match, what if I mess up?" I pulled away and looked into his eyes, seeking comfort like always. 

"Lils, I've seen you fight. You're such a natural at it so, don't worry! I'm sure you'll kick that guy's ass" he caressed my cheek and right as he was about to lean in, Ryan burst in through the door. 

"Lilly, we're waiting for you." he said then, held the door for me as I moved away from Nate but not before hearing him say "I'll be waiting for you after the fight."

As Ryan and I made our way to the arena, I calmed down a bit. I've done this a thousand times before. I'm getting myself worked up for nothing. 

When we right outside the arena, I was greeted with the cheering of the crowd. That was always a good ego boost. I took off my robe and handed it to Ryan as I entered the cage. I made it to the far corner then scanned the crowd for Nate, when I spotted him standing on the opposite end of the cage with Xavier right next to him smiling like the idiot he is. I felt like I was at home. 

When the crowd started cheering louder I knew that my opponent was here so when I turned around nothing could have prepared me for this. Nothing.