Chapter 21: Nate

Nate's POV:

"Mr. Erickson." I felt someone shake me.

"Go away." I mumbled groggily, snuggling further into my 100% cotton blanket, I think I'm in heaven.

"Sir, you need to wake up, your mother told me to inform you that you have to attend school today." I heard a sultry voice speak. "I can give you a massage before you leave."

I shot up in bed, only to see Samantha, one of the maids, I felt completely repulsed by the offer, I wanted Lilly to give me that massage. My head started filling up with inappropriate images, but come on! She is my girlfriend, I'm allowed to do that.

"Sir, would you like me to get the oil." She purred. Lilly's going to kill me.

"No, Samantha, how many times do I have to repeat it to all of you, I'm a taken man now." I growled out, fully awake right now.

"That never stopped you before, sir, plus it's just a massage, part of your physical therapy." She persisted.

"Samantha, as much as I hate to be saying such a thing, but I'm afraid of my girlfriend's wrath. And so should you."

"As you like, sir. Breakfast is ready." She said, her voice laced with an angry undertone as she left the room.

Lilly should be proud of her man right now, being able to resist the power of a woman's seduction.

I got out of bed and started getting ready for the dreadful day at school, but looking on the bright side, I haven't been going to school last week, I needed the rest after the accident.

Call me crazy, but I'm thankful for that accident. It got me and Lilly together, granted, I could have been dead and I would be nothing but a memory, a great memory that is.

After spending two days in the hospital with Lilly not leaving my side, I felt the health rush back to me at full force, but my parents shouldn't know that, nor the school.

I entered the kitchen to see Gabriel cooking something, "Good morning, Nate."

I gave him a clipped smile, then started munching on my breakfast, which was very delicious.

The sound of footsteps caught my attention. I turned to see my parents walking into the kitchen, receiving a greeting from Gabriel.

"Good morning, Nathaniel." Mother greeted.

"Good morning." I replied, then kept on eating. My father was getting his plate stacked by Gabriel, and mother was munching on her berry yogurt.

"Are you going to be able to drive again without crashing into a tree?" Father spoke in his normal stoic voice.

"Are you trying to be funny?" I asked, raising a mocking eyebrow.

"Watch your tone, Nathaniel." Mother scolded. I honestly lost count of the times she told me this statement.

"I'm perfectly capable of driving myself, but If we keep this conversation going I'll drown myself in a ton of alcohol and this time I wont crash into a tree but I'll make sure to crash into one of your lobbies." I spoke coolly.

Then before even receiving a reply, I left not ready to have my good mood destroyed.

The drive to the school wasn't anything special, just me driving while jamming to some music on the radio.

As soon as I got out of the car, heads turned my way, and the gossip began. It was unbelievable how shallow these people are, they were like scavengers feeding off gossip.