1.

"What makes earth feel like hell is our expectation that it should feel like heaven."

                                     1.

My boots pound against the steel floors as I pump my legs to go faster. Beads of sweat running down my face. I hear the guards hot on my tail which pushes me to run faster. I couldn't let them catch me, I'm only 16 they would put me in the box for 2 years and review my crime at 18. And there's no way they would let this one slide. No way in hell. 

I can't help but think this would never of happened if Jack would've kept his mouth shut, I should've known though. He was a member of the guard, he didn't care about me like he claimed. But that was obvious for other reasons. He was just using me this whole time and when he found out what I was doing he snitched. But that wasn't what was going to get me in huge trouble. It was that I had killed two guards in the process. I'm so dead.

That was just a haunting memory now, I had ran into a dead end and they had me trapped. I got put into the box and that was the end of it. Until now, I'm 17 soon to be 18 in two weeks. I know they are going to float me, to be honest it scares the hell out of me everyday. But I did what I had to do.

A clicking sound snapped me out of my thoughts and I turned to see my cell door opening.

"Prisoner 636 stand against the wall, hands behind your back." One of the two guards who were now in my cell ordered.

"What's in it for me?" I joked. They didn't find it too funny.

"Now." I saw his hand resting on his taser stick and walking closer to me.

"You touch me and you're dead just like the other two." I smiled up at him and for a second his eyes flashed with fear. But it went quickly and he gained his composure.

"I'm going to say this-" I cut him off by punching him square in the jaw and knocking him to the floor. The other guard tried to grab me as I tried running out of the cell so I slammed his head into the wall and kneed him in the gut. I guess having an ex boyfriend who was on the guard came in handy sometimes. I ran out the cell and it was chaos. Guards were leading all the other prisoners out of their cells. Some were resisting and some were just plain knocked out.

"T!" I whip my head to see Monty with his hands behind his back and a guard leading him my way.

"What's happening?" I ask him.

"I don't know." He looks worried and I can't help but think that they are going to float us all to save their asses.

"You're going to the ground, sweetheart." My heart stopped and I turned to see Jack standing in front of me. The ground? Before I could say anything, let alone think, I felt a sting in my wrist and one in my neck. Everything went blurry and then black.

A jolt woke me up and I hit my head against the back of my seat I was in making my head pound even more then it already was. I take in my surroundings and notice I'm on a drop ship among all the other prisoners. Jack wasn't lying, we really are being sent to the ground.

"Good morning, sunshine." I focus my eyes and see Monty again but this time Jasper is sitting right next to him. I smile despite the circumstance.

"Jasper! I've missed you!"