The Beginning

Maya's POV

I just woke up and looked at the time.....uh oh!!
"I'm gonna be late to meet Riley!!" I said as I rushed out of bed. I'm never late to meet Riley for school, if I didn't show up I know she would get worried about me. I didn't like Riley worrying for me, I didn't like anyone worrying about me. It makes me feel weak and like I can't fend for myself. After I got dressed I rushed to the bathroom brushed my teeth, threw on a little make up and headed out the door to the Matthews. Before I left I called out "Bye mom!" And heard no answer then I stared back at the empty house remembering that my mother wasn't home. She was never home because she always had to work to keep our house. I gave a sad look to the house and locked the door behind me.

Riley's POV
I woke up exactly when my alarm went off. Today's the first day of high school!! I thought to myself as I jumped out of bed to get ready so I could leave with Maya at exactly 7:00

It's 7:10

"WHERE'S MAYA?!" I yelled to my dad and my mom.

"WHY ISNT SHE HERE?!"

"Riley calm down, I'm sure Maya is fine" my mom said

As if she was a genie Maya appeared in the door

"Hey Riles ready for our first day of high school ?" Maya said to me

"I WAS WORRIED SICK MAYA!!! Where were you?"

"Sorry I was running a little late this morning, and I slept through my alarm"

"Why didn't your mom wake you up?" I regretted my question as soon as I said it. All Maya did was look at the floor and I knew that her mom wasn't home to wake Maya up this morning.

"Never mind. Ready to go? We gotta catch the subway!"

"Yeah let's go" Maya said

We got to the subway and we saw Farkle, Lucas, and Zay standing near the subway tracks waiting for a train. Lucas looks so handsome today. I don't have the courage to say it to his gorgeous face, but that doesn't mean I can't think it.

"Hey Lucas, Farkle, and Zay!" I said very perky as usual.

"Hey Riley" they all said in unison as if it was rehearsed. I laughed a little then turned to the subway tracks waiting for the subway.

Maya's POV
Me and Riley got to the subway and saw Farkle, Zay, and Lucas waiting for the subway. Lucas looked....good. WAIT WHAT?! no Maya you can't think of Lucas like that!

"Hey Ranger Rick" I said with a smirk

"Hey Maya" He said

"Hey Zay, Farkle"

"Hey Maya" they both said then we all got on the subway and headed to our first day in our new highschool life

Authors note

Hi readers!!!! Thank you so much for reading the first chapter of "Don't Hurt Her" This is my first story!!! I hope this story will be a great one and I hope everyone really likes it!!

If you want you can do me favor and follow me on Instagram

@_huckleberry.pics

I'm very active!!💕