Chapter 17

(Thanks for all the support on the story, Ily guys seriously I do. I'll have another note at the end and it's kinda important so pls read (-: )

___________

Part seventeen

___________

Paul blinked a couple times, trying to wake himself up a little.

It was a long, restless night and the dream he had about John didn't help at all. He sighed in dismay, his vision finally focusing enough to see the blankness of the wall in front of him, laying on his side.

When he first woke up, he had almost believed the dream- almost. But then he realized he could never be that bold, he would have never admitted his love to John.

He looked down at his watch and saw that it was half past eight. He closed his eyes and yawned, turning onto his back and looking up at the ceiling. Why was everything in this room so dull and boring? Why did they have to stay in this damn storage room anyways?

When he laid his arm down again, he suddenly became very aware that someone was laying next to him.

With wide eyes he sat up, seeing John sleeping peacefully, a tiny smile disguising the ruggedness of his features.

So it did actually happen. Paul tried to take a deep breath but all he could manage was a short gasp of air, his heart doing that stupid beating-out-of-his-chest thing again. He got out of the bed, slipping on his jeans and leather jacket, walking hurriedly to the men's room of the Bambi Kino.

He needed some space to think.

Paul couldn't believe he had done that...couldn't believe that the man who was lying next to him hadn't pushed him away.

John had kissed him and they had both enjoyed it.. it wasn't like before, and Paul knew that. Their kiss before had been from a part of Paul that was now buried deep down, one that knew he was supposed to care for his friend and protect him.

But last night, that wasn't the case.

Paul shook his head tiredly in front of the mirror, seeing his wild head of hair and not having the energy to fix it, even if it bothered him that it was out of place.

He just stood there for a while, taking in his tired appearance. With a heavy sigh he walked back to their room, seeing that everyone was still sleeping except for George, who was sitting up and rubbing at his eyes.

"Morning Geo." He said as normally as he could manage, going over to his coat and pulling out a pack of cigarettes from the pocket.

He went to sit next to George, handing one to his mate and lighting both of theirs.

"Thanks." George said blankly, closing his eyes for a moment and frowning a bit. "I've got a bloody awful hangover, mate." He complained, taking a drag from his ciggie.

"What happened last night after I left?" Paul asked, chewing on his lip, trying to push away thoughts of John for the moment.

"Stu caught up with me and Pete, he was acting real bitchy, though. We were just out walking around and stuff, pissed as hell. I have no idea how we got home.." He replied, the end of his words dying off with a chuckle.

Paul smiled a little and shook his head.

"So, what happened with John? I heard from Stu that 'e was so drunk that he had to bring him back." George said, obviously amused at the idea, especially since that was something John usually made fun of him about, not being able to handle the alcohol or whatever.