If Artemis faded...

"Apollo!" My fellow Olympic god yelled to me.

"Ya?" I question. He's probably is going to tell a really funny joke. Usually not important.

"Did you hear about Artemis? I mean you guys are twins and everything but..."

"No I haven't," I reply.

"She fell out of a tree."

"How? She's not that clumsy."

"She. Uh-. She disappeared for a second. And fell through."

"Disappeared as in?"

"She full out faded for a moment." My eyes widen at the news that my sister almost died.

"Is she okay?"

"No. She's going to die today Apollo."

"Where is she?"

"In her room." So that's where I went.

"Artemis?" I called "Are you there?" After some coughing I found her on the window sill. Her bed a mess. Like she refused to be away from outside. That's probably exactly what she did.

"Apollo. I'm fading," she told me with all seriousness in her voice.

"I know," I managed to squeak out.

"I'm not going to make it till morning," she says with the same tone of voice.

"I know.

After some silence she says "I love you Apollo. You know. As a brother. You're the best brother I could ask for."

"You're the best sister I could dream of. And I mean it. You know I do. I love you too," I reply as tears start to stream down my face. I look outside the window and see that it's pitch black outside. Well, for the most part. It's Artemis's favorite time. It's a full moon. I'm about to point it out but then she interrupts me.

"I don't want to fade inside, all locked up!" She bursts out. "I don't want to be in a cell like a zoo animal! I want to fade outside, in the woods, at night. In my domain! In my place! Where I belong Apollo! If you really mean what you said earlier, let me. Please."

"Of course," I choke out. I pick my sister up, after I realize that she can't walk, and sneak her outside into her sacred woods."

"Thank you," she says as her eyes are locked on the moon.

"Any time sis. Any time." I set her down where she can still see the moon. She replies with only a smile. I get up to leave.

"No!" She yells. "I mean ca-can you stay with me? P-please?" I nod and sit down next to her. We sit there for a few more minutes. I look over to say something to her. But she's gone. A silver string of light is leading towards the moon. I silently cry. "I love you sis" I choke out.

"I love you too..." A faint voice calls back.