chapter 5 Bag End

When we finally arrived at Bag End Gandalf got out of the wagon and tied up the horse. When he was done I hopped out also and tagged along with the wizard to the small, green door of Bag End.

 Gandalf knocked on the door. " No thank you!" Said an irritated voice from within, " No more visitors, well wishers, or distant relations! "

  " And what about very old friends? " The wizard questioned. The door slowly began to open and a kind, but old man came out.

  " Gandalf! " The hobbit said happily. " Bilbo Baggins, you haven't aged a day since I last saw you. Gandalf joked. They both laughed.

 " Come on in!" Bilbo said, gesturing for his friend to come in. " Oh," he said with a curious look on his face when he saw me. "Who's this ?"

" This is Gail, a friend of mine, she's from a different realm and needs my help." Gandalf explained.

  "If she needs somewhere to stay the night, Gail is more than welcome to stay here, there's plenty of room and I don't mind." Bilbo told him.

  "Are you sure?" Gandalf replied questionly, looking at the hobbit as he spoke. " Yes, it will be no trouble at all, after having thirteen dwarves in my home, this should be easy." Bilbo chuckled.

Gandalf looked at me and I nodded. "Alright then." Gandalf replied.

 " Come on in!" Bilbo invited. " I still have a few bottles of the old wine yard left, very good too, as old as I am, let's say we open one, yes?" " Bilbo told us as we walked into Bag End.

  " Just tea thank you. " answered Gandalf. " And you?" Bilbo asked me. " some tea please." I said.