Hobbiton's Unexpected Visitor part 2

We continued traveling through the little patch of woods when we heard a voice talk to us. " Your late." It said. Gandalf apparently knew who the voice belonged to for he stopped the wagon and answered back.

 " A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." They both laughed.

 " I'm glad you're back" said Frodo to Gandalf. " So am I," replied Gandalf, " you didn't think that I'd miss your uncle Bilbo's birthday would you? "

 I turned to see who he was talking to. " Oh, I'm sorry," Gandalf said, " Gail this is Frodo Baggins, Frodo, this is Gail, she's a friend of mine."

"Welcome to Hobbiton, Ms. Gail." He said. " Thank you. " I replied as he hopped into the wagon and Gandalf scooted over to make room, and slowly began to drive again.

 Soon we arrived in the town of Hobbiton, and Frodo jumped off the wagon, waving to Gandalf as he went. " That was my friend's Bilbo Baggins cousin." Gandalf told me, " In fact I'm on my way to see him right now, would you like to come with me? He asked. " I'm sure he wouldn't mind."

 " Sure," I replied happily, " I don't have anything else to do anyway". As we drove down the road in town I decided to look at what was around me.

There was a market, mill, pub, and even a carpenter's shop. What was odd was that most of the houses were built inside a hill, the doors and windows round, and all the people were short, and had hairy feet! Even the women!

 "Gandalf" I asked, why are all the people here really short?" He laughed. These people are natural short, " he replied, the tallest they can get is four feet, they are called hobbits, or halflings as everyone else calls them; and they live here in the Shire."

 As we drove he continued his lesson about hobbits and by the time we were up the " Hill" I felt as if I knew as much as he did about hobbits. " There's Bag End." He said pointing to a hobbit hole with a green door.

 I looked and saw one of the nicest, and well kept houses in Hobbiton. " That is the home of Bilbo Baggins. " Gandalf said.