A loud ringing interrupted her thoughts, "Hello?"

Liz looked to the front of the cab to find the driver on his cell. His unprofessional manner disturbed her. At least that is what she told herself. She didn't want to admit that his gruff appearance, complete with rumpled and faded clothes - unruly dark blonde hair and a long puckered scar that ran from his cheek down his jawbone, bothered her at all. As long as the guy got her to where she needed to go she wouldn't care. Ignoring her nerves she turned back to gazing out the window, once again losing herself to her thoughts.

The driver, however, was very much paying attention to her. He eyed the brunette from his rearview mirror as he listened to the person on the other line.

"Do you have sight on your target?" A male questioned.

Keeping an eye on his oblivious passenger he answered, "Yes."

"Good. It is time. Bring her to me."

"Yes sir." The call ended quickly. He eyed his passenger once more, needing to be sure this was the woman he had seen capture the Lord Alpha's attention merely hours ago. All of his spying had paid off. It seemed the powerful Leland Moore had a weakness after all. Curling up a lip he cleared his throat, capturing her attention, "We need to make a stop on our way to your destination. I hope you don't mind."

Liz turned to the cabbie, "No of course not." She smiled even though the idea gave her the chills for some reason. She decided the extra drive would give her more time to clear her thoughts before she had to deal with Vanessa Vaughn and that damned purse.

*******************************************************

It was her fault! All her fault! That wretched maid of hers had so far managed to ruin her weekend. Such a simple fucking task, Vanessa thought to herself. How difficult is it to get a little purse?

"OW! Can't you do anything right?" she snapped at the nail technician who just jabbed a utensil in her cuticle. Never mind that the blond bitch had been squirming in her chair making it near impossible for the quiet technician to do her job properly. That wasn't Vanessa's problem. She had enough shit to deal with.

Not only had Maria – or Liz – whatever her name was, her maid, not contact her with an update on Project Rescue-Purse-From-Psychotic-Ex-Boyfriend's-House, but she had to find out from Stacey Lee Anderson, the scheming social-ladder-climbing whore, that not only did her fucking MAID get into the exclusive Luna del Lobo County Club, but that she also had a run-in with her ex, Leland Moore, at the fucking club! What the fuck! Wasn't the asshole supposed to be out-of-town? As much as she didn't want to believe the bitch, there was no denying Stacey's claim, the proof was all over Twitter. And the asshole didn't even bother to deny it or anything.

Vanessa didn't even want to think about the video gaining rapid popularity on YouTube. Apparently the general public thought it was hilarious to watch a short Hispanic bimbo pepper spray a poor helpless patron until he fell over and broke an expensive table at a prestigious resort filled with the mint of high-society as witness. She practically had the entire video memorized, especially when Leland came into view to put a stop to the madness.

God he looked so sexy in those custom fit trousers. The man's ass could stop traffic. Stop! Vanessa scolded herself. She would not succumb to the temptation, refused herself the naughty thoughts that so naturally wanted to ensue after remembering how his magnificent body looked naked and covered in a thin sheen of sweat as he lay over her and...

"Oh my fucking God!" She shouted more to herself than at the technician, but with every pair of eyes trained steadily on her she had no choice but to turn her instant anger onto the hapless woman. "Do you not know how to do your job? How hard is it to file some fucking nails and put some damn polish on them?" Or to get my purse! She barely caught herself from adding that to her outburst. It seemed that no one knew how to do their job.