News & Sneak Peak

Hello to all my loyal lovely reader! I have some exciting news! On Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 7:00 pm (eastern time) I am to be interviewed on Instagram live to discuss Maid for the Alpha. I am so excited... and nervous. For those of you who would like to watch, my Instagram account is: www.instagram.com/Nikki_Hudak_author.
And if you can't watch it live, I'm sure the interview will be available to watch later. I'll try to get the link and add it to a later chapter.

I truly appreciate all of your support. I wish I could post more often for you guys, but I obsessively try to ensure that each chapter I post is the best that I can put up for you guys to read and that takes time (which is challenging with my busy schedule). But to thank you all for your patience, votes, shares and comments, here is an unpolished sneak peak of Chapter 41:

*****************************************************************

Liz did not realize just how much she would appreciate hard dirt and trampled grass. The moment her feet exited her almost-tomb, she nearly fell to her knees and kissed the ground, but Leland held her up. He wasn't ready to let her go. His every muscle was still on high alert, just waiting for someone or something else to try and take Liz away. Even when Ethan, his Lord Delta, and Detective Daniela came into view, he clutched his Mate protectively.

Ethan wasn't sure how he would react when he finally found his Lord Alpha, well...technically Leland wouldn't be Lord Alpha anymore, at least not for very long. Ethan knew the laws and he knew that in both the werewolf and human worlds Leland had broken many. It was Ethan's duty as an officer and Delta to bring anyone - even his commanding Lord Alpha - to justice. But his loyalty to Leland apparently ran deeper than pack commands and titles, for by the time he reached the now outlaw, he surprised them both by wrapping Leland up in a huge bear hug. "I'm glad you're okay."

Leland wasn't sure what to expect, but it certainly wasn't that.

Their embrace didn't last long. It was over as quickly as it began, but the air was thick with questions and uncomfortable tension. Ethan finally broke the silence, "The Rogue?"

"Gone," Leland answered, "He was gone by the time I got here." At Ethan's confused look, Leland shook his head. This was not the time to tell the whole story and it was imperative now more than ever to protect his Mate. After what he saw she could do, he realized that Liz was the one who defeated the Rogue on her own. There was no doubt in his mind. Liz, human or not, was more powerful than an Alpha. And based on her encounter with Madame Corauni, it was clear that there would be many groups that would want to use Liz for their own agendas - or treat her as a threat and attempt to destroy her. He may not be as powerful as his Mate, but he would protect her the best way he can. Until Liz understands what she is and what she's capable of, no one else should know - if he could help it.

"We need to check the area before we leave," Leland said quietly. "Daniela, you got Liz?"

Daniela nodded as Liz started to say, "I think I..." but the pleading look in Leland's eyes and the slight shake to his head, paused her. "...I'm good with Daniella."

Relief flashed through Leland's expression before he and Ethan turned back towards the stairwell. Silently the males combed the area to ensure no one was lurking close by. Time seemed to stand still as Liz watched the males. Every horrific memory threatened to break through to the forefront of her thoughts. It was becoming difficult to keep them at bay. When she heard the startled scream, she nearly jumped out of her skin.

"Get back Liz," Daniela sprung into action, gun in hand and jogging over.

But Liz wasn't far behind. It took everything she had to prevent her newfound powers from taking over. Something - an instinct maybe - told her to hold back.