Chapter Three

Thanks for all of your support thus far! :D There's still A LOT more to come, with more drama and romance... oooh... we haven't even gotten to the romantic parts yet :P YOU JUST WAIT, YO! haha!

Enjoy chapter THREE! ... of Between YOU and ME! :)

                                                                               ~*~

When I’m finished, I move to some of the other pictures Dex took of me while we were playing sports, or maybe that time we took a trip to the beach with our friends. I point to the one where I’m dressed in Max’s football gear and participating in practice with them. He was sick that day and let me fill in for his spot, wondering if the coach would even notice. He did, sadly.

And then I point to the picture of Dex and I making that stupid duck face that people do on Facebook. “We all think it’s so stupid, and decided to do that anyway,” I explain, standing in front of my bulletin board and taking down a picture when Philip decided to take my to Disney World, but it’s not like I was a little kid then. He let me take Dex along, knowing that I wouldn’t get in his way while there for some type of business trip. “I think I went on my first rollercoaster here. I was always afraid of them until now,” I tell Ash, clipping it back up. We stood in front of Cinderella’s castle and let a stranger take the picture. That girl soon came to hang with us wherever we went and it was a lot of fun, since she knew where everything was.

“Hey, what are you doing tomorrow?”

“Nothing,” I laugh at the thought. Usually I have some kind of sport to go to, and that reminds me of baseball. “I think I might start practicing with the baseball team, why?”

“I was wondering if ya wanted to come by and watch the football team practice. Afterward we can hang with the football team, since you seem to like hanging with the guys more than the girls,” he comments, motioning to that one picture where I’m the only girl in the crowd of guys at a baseball game.

“Maybe after I get on the team,” I smile, and so does he.

After he leaves to get ready for football tonight, I decide to walk through the halls and lounge of the boarding school dorms. A few of the guys high five me, at least the ones at the gym who saw me dancing. And then one of them comes up with a Yankee’s shirt on. I’m not sure if I can get used to this state. “I heard you can do the robot,” he tells me.

“Oh yeah?”

“Mind showing me?” He smiles at me.

“I can’t do it without music,” I shrug, and he holds up an iPod, and it looks brand new. “You pick the song.” He lands on one that I’ve never heard of, but I still break it down lower and lower, my arms moving like a wave. A few of his buds come over to see. Hazel, who used to do dance with me, taught me how to keep my balance while bending back far, and then slowly pulling back up.

“Damn,” someone startles me from behind, and the Yankee’s dude turns the music off. I turn and see myself faced with AJ. I totally ignore him and turn to the Yankee’s guy.

“You play baseball here?” I ask him, and he nods. “When’s practice?”

“Tonight at six.”

“Mind if I try out?”

“Aren’t you in dancing?”

“Hell no! I used to take hip-hop back in California, but I don’t join school sports like that.” Except volleyball, I think to myself, but I’m so not joining this year. It’d ruin my reputation as a bad girl. “I play baseball every summer; best on the team.”