Chapter Two

Hey hey ρεΦριε!!

Man, I love using those freakishly awesome letters! :D

ANYWAY! I hope y'all enjoy chapter TWO!! ... of Between You & Me :) Don't forget to VOTE!/comment/FAN! haha! :]

                                                                                    ~*~

The plane crosses over to sunnier skies, flying over New York. Half the way there, I cry constantly. Silent tears streak my face, and I had to redo my makeup afterward. Philip has one of his people come with me to make sure I don’t get lost. The girl has already fallen asleep in the car on the way to the academy. Soon the houses split to a long line of fancy gating, surrounding the perimeter of the campus. Wow, it’s huge!

My hands are pressed against the glass as I look out of the window. I feel like a small girl looking up at the elephants at the zoo, staring at awe at how large it is. This is over a thousand times larger.

The fancy, almost limo, car type thing parks itself in front of the gate. They open automatically, and I climb out of the car, slinging my backpack over my shoulder and holding two of my suitcases. The girl comes with me with another three piled in her arms while the driver holds the last two. I practically brought my whole room with me, but I’m sure the girls here have brought more.

The moment I come into view, a girl runs up to me with a few of her friends behind her. They’re dressed in skimpy clothes, even worse than mine with a lot of cleavage showing. The girl’s hair is shinny and brown, from afar it looks extremely soft. I’m almost offended that some girls dress the way she does, though. It gives girls a bad name. “Hi!” She greets me. “Let me help you with some of those,” she takes one of my bags and nearly falls head first into the dirt. Her girls take the rest from my driver and the woman Philip sent with me. I don’t even know her name; let alone what her real job is. There’s enough so that everyone has one bag, except for the two that came with me. I send them off, since the girls seem to want to show me through the school. “Hi, I’m Elle,” she shakes my hand with her free one. “Elle Nichols, to be exact.”

“That’s cool.” The name doesn’t ring a bell, so I don’t mention that. “I’m Alexis Simmons.”

“Is that so?” She giggles. “I heard there was an Alexis coming, but I thought she was the daughter to Philip Meadows,” she confesses. Crap, I didn’t think they knew I was coming. I’m just some random girl from California. “Oh, there's the dorms' supervisor,” she starts rushing over to a lady that looks like a teacher. She takes one look at me and quickly rushes over.

“Welcome,” she shakes my hands. “I’ll show you to your dorm,” she says, dangling a pair of keys from her dainty fingers, leading us all through a rather large set of wooden doors to the right of the entrance. The halls of dorm rooms file out before us, and she takes me to the end of the hall near the bathrooms.

She unlocks the door and lets the girls drop my bags inside. They giggle the whole time, and for some reason I think it’s an odd giggle. One that sort of makes fun of me. Why would they make fun of me?

This is a really cool room. It even has two floors! I don’t get much time to explore because they’re already leading me out. The girls leave me with the teacher as she leads me down the hall and into what looks like an office in that same building, which is so huge, it’s like a palace. It’s twice as large as Philip’s, which I thought was large until now. There’s even a map of the campus, and the school itself is pretty large. They have a lot of sports, it seems, except only cheerleading, dance, volleyball and gymnastics are available for girls. Mom never mentioned that! As much as I love dancing, I don’t want to join cheer or dance. It’s just embarrassing. As much as I love volleyball (it’s my favorite sport) I don’t like to admit it. Dex doesn’t even know that I like volleyball. Damn, I told myself not to think about him because it just makes me upset.