Chapter Four (Chances)

Zendaya,
It's been a few days and I think that I should give him a chance. Maybe things will be different. "Mommy I want to see daddy." I pouted. "You'll see him later." I sighed. She's been begging me to see her dad all day.

"I want to see him now." She whined. I called Trevor. "What's up Z?" He asked. "Natalie's been begging to see you." I responded. "I'll be over later. Did you think about it?" He queried. "I did." I smiled.

"What's happening with us?" He inquired. "Nothing." I laughed. "This ain't funny." "It's still pretty funny." I teased. "Stop teasing." He mentioned. "Chill. I'll tell you my real answer face to face." I spoke. "Now I want to come over but I can't." He stated.

"It's cool. I know you got that music video." I sighed. "Mommy I want to talk to daddy." Natalie said. "Ok here." I handed her the phone. Janice walked through the front door. "Hey." I greeted.

"Girl where have you been? It's like you ain't home anymore." She's up to something. "I've been at work and spending time with someone." She smiled. "Girl what's his name?" I don't even remember the last time she was with a guy.

"Ethan. We've been dating for five months." She answered. Why didn't I know? "We wanted to keep it a secret." She read my thoughts. She thinks that I'm an open book. "I'm going to give him a chance." "Good because if you didn't I would've been worried." She laughed.

"Tell me what Ethan's like." "He's perfect. He's not like the other jerks I've dated. He gets me for me. He doesn't spoil me with gifts which is a good thing." I continued listening to her talk more about Ethan.

***

Trevor,

I rang the doorbell. "Hi." I said. "Hey." Z smiled and let me in. "Natalie." I spun Natalie around. "Hi daddy." She greeted. "It's a yes but we need to take it slow." She decided. I leaned in but I stopped. She smashed her lips into mine.

"Gross." Natalie disgusted. I finally got my babe back. "You know I leave in a few days, right?" I'm really gonna miss her. "Yeah I know." She stated. "What's going to happen to us?" Maybe I shouldn't have asked that.

"I go to L.A. all the time and we'll talk all night like we're supposed to." She replied. "Do you trust me?" I wondered. "I don't know but I'm going to take a chance." She told me.

Janice is at the top.