.:2:.

Vic looked around cautiously, as he stepped out of the locker room in hesitance. Like expected, he was a couple of minutes late, and found himself walking out as the team was already there, standing in a huddled semi-circle around the coach. He instantly regretted this. There were so many of them! Vic counted all of the players: 12 in total, plus the coach. There were 13 threats to his life, within a small radius. This was not good.

If there were not as many people, Vic would have probably been excited for this, as there would be less of a chance for him to find the one. But there were 13! Maybe he would be fine, if he just did not communicate with anyone, except for the coach (who he had already spoken to previously and found out that she was not a problem). But that was impossible. Soccer was a team sport so, even if they did not talk on the sidelines or out-of-game, they would have to do so on the pitch. There was no hope for Vic. All he could do was pray to some almighty being that none of these men would be his soul mate. He did not want to die.

"Oh look who finally decided to bless us with his presence," the coach, Hayley, taunted cockily, with a ball under her right arm. "Are you going to hurry up and join us or just stand around, princess?"

Vic growled lowly in annoyance and hurried his walk, before he was stood at the back of the group, a fair distance away from everyone, but close enough to be able to hear. It was a shock to him, like most people, that Hayley, this young, petite girl, was the coach of a decently successful, male soccer team. No one truly understood until she gave an explanation.

In her past years, Hayley had been one of the best players in the local, female soccer team. However, after being the victim of an injury, she was told that she cannot fully participate in the sport, without months or even years of rehabilitation. She did not have the money for it so, instead, she opted for coaching. The female team already had a new coach, so she went for the male one (whose previous coach had left a few weeks prior). Hayley would still walk with a slight limp, but it was barely noticeable as, in her free time, she worked on making herself better. It was a slow process though.

While Vic absentmindedly kicked at the grass below his feet and glared at the ground, he felt a pair of eyes on him. As soon as he looked up, Kellin's gaze darted away as if he had been staring into the distance.

Previously, Kellin had found himself observing the new team mate. He seemed like an average guy, 18-looking but most likely older. Something was off, though. Like the fact that he did not want to be near anyone and took the effort to specifically move towards the back. Wasn't the whole point of joining a soccer team to socialise with the members and form friendships? But that did not bother Kellin, as he had no intentions of being the first one to talk to the new guy. He already had a set group of friends.

Although everyone on the team had a sort of bond joining them all together, there were obviously divided into their own little groups. Sometimes people would happily hang out with the others but, in all, they were comrades. No one particularly looked forward to having someone new join, but it was not their decision and, if he was as good of a player as Hayley claimed that he was, Vic would be a huge advantage.

"Guys, that's Vic" Hayley grinned. The team muttered a few neutral greetings to the boy. Next, the coach ordered, "Vic, say 'hi' to everyone."

"Hello," Vic mumbled through gritted teeth. This was what confused Kellin most. At first, he assumed that maybe he was just shy, but no. He seemed more reluctant than anything - maybe even paranoid. His face was decorated with a scowl, like no one around him was worth the air they breathed. He was probably just a self-centred, posh, narcissist, who thought he was too good for the people here. Vic was quite easy to read, but not easy enough.