I let out another laugh, relieved as I felt a heavy weight get lifted off my shoulders. "I'm sure it's very disturbing."

"The next day after you and Xavier had left, we were all at Luke's house to hangout," Carl paused with a smile on his face. "And Aubree and Marco were actually on the couch, about to do it."

"That's disgusting, Carl."

I looked at Aubree who were laughing at one of Marco's jokes as he looked at her with confusion on his face but I knew deep down that he loved and cared for her very deeply, his eyes softening significantly at Aubree's bright smile.

I wondered if she was a virgin.

I must've said it aloud because Carl had given me a reply. "She is."

My mouth dropped open as I covered my mouth in embarrassment, nodding in response whilst looking away.

"Thea, let's go to Xavier's house to see what he's up to," Aubree suggested before getting into her car, turning on the engine.

"We'll meet you there," Marco announced, taking Carl by the wrist and dragging him to his motorcycle.

"I still don't trust you with these things," Carl replied with a sigh before taking a helmet that was offered by Marco who only punched him in the arm lightly with a chuckle.

I quickly got into the passenger seat in Aubree's car as she suddenly reversed out of the space she parked in and quickly drove out of the school parking lot at full speed as I prayed that Anastasia didn't see this. 

A comfortable silence settled in the atmosphere as I let my eyes wander outside, the trees passing the car in a blur then suddenly, my beautiful sight was interrupted by a motorcycle with two, leather jacket gentlemen. I rolled down my window and laughed as Marco was concentrated on the road as if hoping to beat Aubree who was now driving unbelievable fast, my hair getting caught up in my mouth. My eyes landed on Carl who's arms encircled Marco's waist, eyes shut tightly as his lips moved as if saying a prayer.

After a few more minutes of driving, we finally reached Xavier's mansion, thanks to Aubree's incredible speeding. I got out of the car to only find Luke and Xavier positioned in front of the big, black gates that caged Xavier's home. I raised an eyebrow, bemused as Luke was saying something using hand gestures whereas Xavier's face was blank. I arched an eyebrow as my eyes studied Xavier's figure, he looked okay, not sick or anything. I looked at Marco who looked at me with a shrug as if he didn't know what was going on.

As the group got closer to the pair, Luke immediately shut his mouth as Xavier's eyes travelled along the group before landing on mine. I frowned, not liking the tense atmosphere as I took a step forward, expecting Xavier to take a step forward as well but instead, Xavier took a step back and gave me a cold look, not the look or stare that would send me six feet underground but a look that told me to not come any closer.

"What's going on?" I asked, turning to Luke who scratched his neck nervously.

Before anyone could answer me, someone grabbed my wrist and turned me around as I now stood facing a chest. I arched an eyebrow and looked up to see Carl, looking down at me with a blank facial expression, his hand behind my head to keep it secure from turning. I heard Aubree gasp and Marco who immediately stood beside Carl with a reassuring smile on his face that had confused me even more.

I sighed, hating the feeling of being left out as I stepped out of Carl's hold when the pressure on his hand that was positioned behind my head was weakened and quickly turned around, my jaw dropping to the ground as the air was slapped out of my lungs. I cleared my throat as I watched a fiery-red haired girl, buttoning up her shirt as she casually made her way past Xavier and Luke, also past us as if we were invisible to her. Anger boiled in my veins but pain ached in my chest as I clenched my fists and plastered on my best blank facial expression, not wanting to show any emotion.

I looked behind to see Lydia fixing up her skirt and making sure her hair was okay before turning around and giving Xavier a thumbs up then craning her head towards me, giving me a smirk. We watched her get into her black BMW before driving off without a word said to any of us. I turned my head back towards Xavier as he was staring back at me, still holding a blank expression yet his eyes told a different story. Regret. I looked around Aubree, Marco, Luke and Carl who were all staring at me, expecting me burst into tears or go ballistic but I didn't and that was because he wasn't my boyfriend.

I felt my cheeks heat up, my palms getting sweaty as the pain in my chest still existed. My stomach churned as I bit my lip before letting out a pained, fake smile, tears already threatening my eyes. "Well, I've got to go. Come on Aubree, dad and Anastasia are probably expecting us to be home now."

Aubree quickly nodded, taking out her car keys as she quickly pecked Marco's lips before dragging me away from the heavy atmosphere, one that I couldn't breathe in. Just as I opened the passenger door, I turned around and gave the boys all a little wave before getting into the car, slamming the door shut and mentally thanking that Aubree had tinted windows because a tear was already sliding down my cheek. I sighed in relief, taking in all the oxygen around me as I looked at Aubree who was looking at me in concern. 

I only gave her a fake, reassuring smile.

"Drive like you've never had."

Aubree let out a light laugh and squeezed my shoulder lightly before turning on the engine as it roared alive then she pressed her feet onto the gas pedal, making everything around the car a blur once more.