Chapter 1

Marinette, a new girl to Paris, just got off the plane. Her parents died in a car crash in Shanghai a couple months back and she was a bit conflicted within. Her uncle that she just started living with thought a fresh start would be good for her.

The airport was crowded with people buying tickets, boarding planes, and getting off planes. With all this noise she decides to just listen to some music. She hummed along with the music while waiting for a taxi to pick up her uncle and her to go to her new home. Her uncle turned to face her and mouthed a few words. She took off her headphones confused."What did you say?" she said.

"I said aren't you excited for a fresh new start?!"

"Not really,"she replied with a frown.

Finally a taxi arrived to take them to their house. She put her stuff in the trunk and got into the taxi. She slammed the door shut and put back on her headphones. She somehow manage to fall asleep and was shooken awake. Startled, she jumped and hit her head."Ow,"she said while rubbing the pain away."Sorry, I just wanted you to see our new place."

"Wow "she said coming out of the car.It was a cute apartment that was red and black her two favorite colors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time (~•-•)~Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette woke up the next day exhausted from unpacking her stuff. She looked around and realized she fell asleep in a box with packing peanuts. She saw the clock time and realized she would be late for her first day of school. She fell out of the box with a whole lot of packing peanuts falling on her and looked for something to wear. She decided to wear her favorite black ripped jeans her white tee with a ladybug on it, her ladybug earrings (they look like her miraculous earrings) that her late mom gave her ,and some black converse to finish the look .She decided to let her hair down this once because she couldn't find her red ribbons to tie her usual ponytails. She ran down stairs to find her uncle cooking breakfast. It looked so good and her stomach agreed with a growl but she was running late enough as it is.

"Sorry I'll have to pass, I'm already late enough as it is. Byeee!"

Her uncle frowned as she quickly ran out ."Oh well more for me,"he said with a chuckle.

*BTW in this fanfic the don't have powers and she's just obsessed with ladybugs

When she got to the school, the tardy bell rang ."Oh shoot I'm going to get a detention on the first day. Not the best first impression." She speed walked to the attendance office to get her schedule.The lady at the attendance office at least was nice and didn't scold her for being late on the first day. She even told her to tell the teacher that she got lost being new here.

When she reached her class she opened the door and CREEAK.Everyone turned to stare at her, she mentally face palmed herself for not being so quiet.

"Uh, hi I'm Marinette. I'm new here ."A bunch of ooos and whispers were heard across the room. She saw one guy keep staring at her.

"Ms. Cheng, please have a seat behind Adrien. Adrien would you please raise your hand. Oh and Ms. Cheng welcome to Paris." Adrien gave her his "signature smirk" and waved his hand. UGHHHHH she thought in her head. I'm sitting behind the dude who kept checking me out. Ugh I hate playboys they are the ABSOLUTE WORSE. She gave him a fake smile and sat down.He stayed turned around checking her out and trying to pass her notes.She ignored him and drew in her sketchbook that used to be her moms.

"Mr. Agreste, turn around the lesson isn't on Ms. Cheng."

Everyone laughed and he winked at Marinette before turning around.

Once everyone calmed down, the girl next to her said "Neat designs, you made these?"

"Thanks and yeah."

"Wow, you should be a designer."

"Yeah its kinda my dream to become a designer "

"Cool and by the way I'm Alya."

"Lets be friends."

"Sure."

"Girls, please stop the chatter."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time ^-^ Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During break, Marinette looked for her locker and found right next to ADRIEN'S great another thing to look forward to. He saw her but she turned away.

"Hey, I'm Adrien. Remember me from first period?"

She slammed her locker and walked away .

But she forgot something that Adrien could use to against her.