Chapter 1: "Don't worry.I'm used to being alone."

Start from the beginning

Where am I? I thought as I was being carried into a room with a chair, and a machine that looked rely heavy. I was crying because I missed mommy. What 7 year old wouldn't? Well, it was midnight now so technically I was 8 years old now. They went and strapped me in. I couldn't move my hands free.

"I want mommy!" I remember screaming. "Let me go! Please!" I yelled after they took the gag out of my mouth. Then these men walked in. Some in lab coats and some in a black gear. One guy who looked like a scientist, grabbed a syringe with this weird liquid in it and went to inject it into my arm. One guard stopped him, his vest had the symbol for Hydra.

After that they sent me to a room and kept me there, for... a long, long, time.

Then I came back to reality, I was still standing in the hallway to Steve calling my name from the end of the hall.

"Bailey! Bailey?" He ran up to me, I was standing frozen in my spot.

"Bailey? Hey snap out of it, you okay?" Ha asked as he snapped his fingers bye my face.

I came back and turned to him, a tear escaped my eye from the memory.

"Um, I uh...." I stammered. "Ya I'm okay, just remembered something I guess." I said with a sigh.

"Okay,well hope you feel better." He said with concern in his voice and walked off.

Great, crying in front of people. I hate when I do that, it's super embarrassing. Anyways, I continued off and left the lobby and started jogging. My music playlist was playing a song called centuries by fall out boy. I was half way through my jog when my stomach rumbled. I had just remembered I forgot to eat breakfast. There was a Starbucks near by so I went there and got a Carmel iced coffee then stopped by McDonald's and grabbed a breakfast burrito. Ya ya I know, eating junk food while on a run i get it but I'll just burn it off anyway...right?

After that I was walking down the street when I spotted a man in a suit with a purple striped tie eye me down. He had a breve case and shades. If he wasent trying to be obvious then he wasent doing a very good job. Dang it, I had to walk past him to get back to my apartment. So as I did I prayed a prayer that he wouldn't attack me. After I walked passed him, I felt the burrito turn in my stomach as I turned to see him walking behind me. Okay at this point my alarm went off and I started jogging, then running, then sprinting as he caught up with me. I tried and rolled into a bush and ran across a yard. Then I hopped over the fence and was right at the apartment building.

I looked around and didn't find him. He came out of the bush and wacked me with his breve case. I ducked and used my telekinesis to shove him back into the bushes. Ya I forgot to mention that I have abilities. We'll talk about that later. On impulse I ran across the street, stopping any car about to run into me and dashed into the hotel. I took some deep breathes, trying to control my panic attack and anxiety. Guess where that developed from? (Hydra)

"Well, that was close." I wheezed. Tying to catch my breath. But I realized I was still being chased so I bolted to my apartment and locked the door. Home. I thought. Well, temporary, usually Hydra finds me then I have to move, over and over again. I've always been on the run my whole life. I have telekinesis and telepathic abilities and I can fly. This is because of Hydra's experiments on me. They want me again and keep looking for me so I keep running.

Then a knock on my door. Panic floods my body, I start breathing heavily and my lungs are gasping for air. My vision becomes blurred with tears as I realize... panic attack. Right now? Then as I fall to my floor, clawing the floor as I sit there on my knees, weak and afraid and helpless. There here. No no not again. I think that as my door gets opened with a loud thud! This is it, they found me, I'm dead. Suddenly, I feel some strong arms help me up and a sweet voice saying my name.

"Bailey? Bailey, hey it's okay. Just breathe." Then, I realize I recognize the voice. It was only Steve. My breathing slowed as he went and got me a wet rag and put it on my neck. My vision cleared, and I felt better. His arms are strong but gentle at the same time. He got me on my feet and helped me stand.

"Hey your okay. It's all right." He kept encouraging me. I realized what was happening. I was becoming attached, he was becoming attached.I had to stop it, don't get me wrong he's a sweet guy but if I ever got found by Hydra and had to leave, it would break his heart.

"I'm fine now, I'm good." I said as I slowly pushed away from him.

"You sure? Isn't there anyone you know who knows about this?" He asked. Full of worry and concern.

"No, but don't worry. I'm used to being alone. It's no big deal. Thanks Steve." I said.

"No problem, glad to help." He smiled sadly. "Okay well, new rule," he started.

Um excuse me? Rule? Since when?

"If you ever need anything, please come ask. Deal?" He said.

I nodded. Then he headed back to his apartment. I went and got some water then went to change into some PJs.Then went to bed. Try to fall asleep Bailey,just try. I thought to myself as I slowly drifted into sleep.