Chapter 10 The Past is in the Past

Three night fury heads turned back and forth in unison as I paced back and forth.
"What am I doing?!" I asked (d/n). "This is crazy!" I groaned, I kept second guessing myself. I can't do this, we're leaving, running away, abandoning ship, let's go.". (D/n) grunted and rolled her eyes. She never believed my threats anymore.
"I'm serious!" Another eye roll, she laid down in boredom. "Traitor," I muttered. The other dragons scattered as Toothless appeared in the distance, leaving just (d/n) with me as he landed. Hiccup dismounted and walked over to me.
"Ready?" He asked.
"As I'll ever be."

Time skip

"Gobber actually did that!?" I laughed hysterically. Hiccup and I had settled down to talk on a rocky outcropping over the ocean. So far I had heard quite a few embarrassing stories of Berk.
"He did ," Hiccup responded with a grin. "You turn," he said. "I don't know much about you.". I chewed my lip, struggling to find a story that didn't bring me painful memories. Find one that happened before everything changed. I told myself, finally one came to mind.
"Well, in my family I have my mom, dad, and two older brothers Hameish and Blugar." I started slowly.
"When I was younger my brothers used to play in the forest with me. I remember one time when I was hiding from them I was just above them in a tree. They realised I was there, after I jumped on to Hameish's back," I said chuckling. Hiccup laughed to.
"Sounds like a great family."
"It was a great life," I replied feeling nostalgic.
"Why don't you live with them now?". My heart stopped as I groped for an answer. A shadow crossed my face as my heart twinged.
"The past is in the past. That's where it should stay," I said gruffly. I laid back and sighed.
"My past isn't the prettiest out there. I made plenty of mistakes and bad decisions. It's not something I'm proud of," I said.
"Every mistake, every misjudged choice, ended in me running," I sighed.
"I'm trying to change that Hiccup, I really am. I know you want to know more about my past, but your not going to for a while. I'm sorry but that's just how it is." I waited in tense silence for a response.
Hiccup smiled and nodded his head.
"I understand." He stood up and extended his hand.
"Now let's leave the heavy stuff on the ground and head to the air." I laughed letting him pull me to my feet.
"Alright let's fly."

Let me just start with SORRY SORRY SORRY!!!!!!! Wow this took forever, when I first imagined it (y/n) and Hiccup weren't going to have that heart to heart. But the story wants what the story wants . . . And I'm to impatient since I want to get to the juciey stuff. Any ways this chapter I think is really going to jump start the romance to come and the inevitable DRAMA!!!! Well I won't waste any more of your time. Good bye for now my little Vikings.
P.S. The pic has no point in context to the story, just funny.