Chapter 9 Yes

"Ready! Set! GO!". Hiccup and I took off. My hair was whipped about as we flew evenly matched, we exchanged a look. As if by silent understanding, we continued on, we heard shouts from the group as we left the track. We wove around trees and rocks, shooting out over the ocean. I liked flying here, it was peaceful, but right now we were racing. We both shot upwards at the same time flying towards the clouds, once there we began to free fall, (d/n) caught me first and we began to fly towards the finish line with Hiccup and Toothless on our heels. By a mere second we flew over the finish line first, but we didn't stop there, Hiccup and I continued to zip through the forest. Until I was stupid. As I noticed a tree right in front of us,we stopped suddenly which caused Hiccup to fly into us. Night furys and humans fell towards the ground in a tangled mess of limbs. Finaly we reached our "destination". I looked up to see Hiccup over me hands on either side of my head panting heavily. I felt my face heat up, unable to move out from under him. Meanwhile our dragons were busy trying to untangle themselves from each other. Hiccup and I just stayed like that for a moment, to stunned to move. Hiccup suddenly noticed his position and jumped away cheeks aglow with embarrassment. I to looked like a tomatoes as I realized I kinda enjoyed it. The memory replayed in my mind. His hair hanging down as his eyes searched me for injuries then came to rest on my eyes as they met in an understanding longing came over us. Why was my heart beating so fast? I couldn't be in love, could I?
"Sorry" stuttered Hiccup.
"It's okay," I said quietly. We sit in silence, unsure of what to do. Finally Hiccup says, "I,well, I was uh just wondering if, well, if maybe it would be possible, if, well, maybe you and I might, well if you want to-"
"Hiccup just say it.". He took a deep breath.
"I was wondering if you would go out with me," he blurted out with closed eyes. He cracked an eye open. I could hardly believe my ears I was so surprised and happy.
"I would love to."

Hey yes yes I know, I took forever. Hopefully with summer finally here it will be faster updates. The pic was just cute no relation to the story. Bye for now my little Vikings.