Chapter 7

"Now we talk." He was serious. Great. I hate when he gets serious. I've barely known him for a week, yet it feels like years.

"Um. So what, do uh, you want to t-talk about?" I'm not stupid. I know what he wants to talk about. I wish I didn't.

"What is this I hear about you getting beaten by your father? And don't lie to me." Jake emphasized the word 'lie'. Uuurrrrggggg!

"F-f-fine. I can't lie to you b-b-but I can't, I can't tell you the truth," I was holding back a sob. How why was this so hard. "I-i-I'm SORRY!" With that I stood up and ran. I ran not bothering about the stares I was getting or the voice calling my name and footsteps running after me.

I turned a corner only to have my arm grabbed and a hand over my mouth to muffle my screams and sobs. Then dragged into a classroom.

"Ssshhh, it's only me," oh thank God! "El, why didn't you tell me?" With that I broke down. "Oh sweetie!"

"W-w-hat am I-i-i gonna do-o? E, how-ow did I man-man-manage to be so st-upid? How did I l-l-let people know my biggest s-secret?" I was sobbing really bad that It was getting hard to speak. Eva hugged me but not like usual this was comforting not breathe taking. Literally.

"Ella, I'm right here and so are they..." she slowly released me and jestured to the door. I hesitantly turned around.

There at the door stood Nina, Jake and Katie? Huh wonder why Katie's here. Oh well not my biggest problem.

"Oh poor Ella-nella!" Really Nina? Now? Of all times.
"I'm ok Nine's," but even I know I'm not convincing anyone.
"Don't believe you! Come here!" Suddenly Nina grabs me in a hug. Slowly but surely, Jake, Katie and Eva join in.

"Are you gonna speak now?" Jake asked hesitantly. I nod unsurely, shocking even myself.

"I-I-I'm rea-ready to t-tell you-I," ok I guess I'll start...

》》》》》flashback《《《《《

"Mamma, papa!" Little me screamed. "Almost there!"

"I know baby girl mamma and papa are coming, just slow down ok?" My mamma pleaded. Young me just sat down by the piano.

"Papa play please. Mamma sing I love it!" I ordered, I was a pretty bossy kid.

"Oh Ella! We will never win with you. Will we?" My Father asked with a slight chuckle. I shake my tiny little pea sized head.

"Baby girl?" My mum asked with a joyful voice I loved dearly.
"Yes Mamma?" I look up.
"What song will I sing?" She already knew the answer. It was our favorite.
"Half the world away by Oaisis. Please!" I knew I didn't have to beg but I loved to hear my parents giggle and chuckle at my attempted cuteness. Keyword attempted.

"Well of course my sweet little punkin pie!" My dad gave me the weirdest nicknames ever.

My Father began to play as my mother began to sing.

"I would like to leave this city
This old town don't smell too pretty and
I can feel the warning signs running around my mind
And when I leave this island I'll book myself into a soul asylum
'Cause I can feel the warning signs running around my mind

So here I go still scratching around in the same old hole
My body feels young but my mind is very old
So what do you say?
You can't give me the dreams that are mine anyway
You're half the world away
Half the world away
Half the world away
I've been lost I've been found but I don't feel down

And when I leave this planet, you know I'd stay but I just can't stand it and
I can feel the warning signs running around my mind
And if I could leave this spirit, I'll find me a hole and I'll live in it
And I can feel the warning signs running around my mind

Here I go, I'm still scratching around in the same old hole
My body feels young but my mind is very old
So what do you say?
You can't give me the dreams that are mine anyway
You're half the world away
Half the world away
Half the world away
I've been lost I've been found but I don't feel down
No I don't feel down

I don't feel down
I don't feel down
I don't feel down
I don't feel down"

As my dad plays the final notes. I clapped my small hands.

"Baby girl do you want an ice cream?" My mother randomly asked. Me being 9 of course I said yes, nodding my head enthusiastically.

"Ok. Papa we will be back very soon!" I cheered. As me and my mum left the music room.

But the happy day was not to last. After buying our ice creams we began to head home. But just before we could enter the gates a man grabbed my arm and tried to drag me away. Keyword tried. But my mother instantly grabed me back screaming for my father, inside our large house.

That's when the man made a lunge at me again but this time with a small shiny object. Yes it was a knife or a dagger. I can't remember but it was coming straight at me.

"NO!" I heard a scream then a scream that tore my whole world in half.
"ELLA WHAT THE HELLS GOI- ALICE!" My Father ran down the stairs and as I cried over my mother's limpbody in my arms.

Before my father reached us my mamma gasped some words out to me. "My baby, girl. I love you. This is not your fault don't ever think that.I did this. I love you ba-by gir..." With that she was gone.

"Mamma? M-m-mamma?! MAMMA!" I broke and then heard another terrifing scream but more manly fearing to be my father I look up. But instead the man who killed my mother is on the floor with a dozen Stab wounds. My dad stabbed him. My dad murdered someone.

"Ella what have you done?!" I shrink back this was not my father. He grabbed my hair making me shreik. Then he threw me to the ground and stomped on my stomach knocking all the wind out of my tiny fagile body.

》》》》end of flashback《《《《

"And-d-d that's-s where i-it a-ll bega-n, 8 y-years a-a-ago." I sobbed. Waiting for them to hit me too. Or for them to blame me too. But it never came. Instead they all hugged me then Eva let go and brought out her phone. What is she doing?

"Hello?........Police Please.........I would like to report child abuse.......yes and a murder case........thank you......yes we are at BH56 LFZ 15 Oakmore avenue.......yes at Eastern-Oakland high school.....thank you again, goodbye.....bye." And with that she put down the phone. "El your safe now no one will hurt you. Promise." We all hugged again. To think it's been 8 years since that incident.

"Especially on my watch!" I hear Jake hiss.