Chapter 6

Wednesday

Well my dad was more annoyed than usual the other night. But I just locked the door the music room and placed a chair under the handle and the grand piano infront of that. So because I escaped last night's beating I'll probably get a worse one tonight.

I moved the piano and chair, then I slowly unlocked the door. Once it was fully open, I gasped at the view right before my eyes. Vases, beer bottles and pretty much everything that's was made of pottery or glass was smashed on the floor. I carfully weave my way through the mess and up to my room.

I got ready for school and put on some make up to hide my bruises that were disappearing slowly. I then ran down into the kitchen to see my dad asleep - most likely passed out - in the middle of all the rubble of what once were airlooms or just plain decorations. I packed my bag and prepared for along day.

》》》》》Time skip《《《《《

As I entered the school everyone and I mean everyone, was stairing at me. I gulped and stared down at my shoes as I continued up the path. Whispers surrounded me. Some sympathetic. Some disgusted and others were asking what was going on.

"ELLA!" I heard my name being yelled from behind me, this voice gave me all the reason to speed up.
"EL!" That voice made me slow down, only to pick up my pace and soon I was sprinting away from my friends.
"ELLA-NELLA!" Why is everyone after me? Jesus, the Lord must really hate me!

Bbbbbbrrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnngggggggg!
Thank God! The bell, I ran off to my next class - French - The bell couldn't have rung sooner.

I sat at the back of the class to avoid Eva. I never thought about doing this to my favorite person in the whole world. But I am. It just had to be done.

"Um..... Excuse me?" Someone tapped my shoulder. I jumped slightly and looked up. "Your in my seat." This girl wasn't too tall actually she was kinda tiny. She has shaggy blonde hair up in a high pony-tail, that stuck out like a hay stack. She reminds me of someone, but who? She wears the same uniform as me but her's is way too big on her. Only her shoes seen to fit perfectly. She has a pair of bage glasses, that remind me of a libraian, that sit infront of her bluey-grey eyes. She also had a wide, shy smile.

 She also had a wide, shy smile

"Oh sorry!" I apologised. "But may I sit here?" The girl nodded.
"What's your name?" She asked as she slid into the seat besides me.
"Ella Richmond and you?" I replied.
"Katie Olsen." All of a sudden an even brighter smile appeared on her face. "Ella do you know my cousin Jake Olsen?" I nodded. WAIT WHAT?!
"C-c-c-cousins?" I stuttered.
"Yup! And you must be the girl he never shuts up about. The one with the singing voice like an angel!" Katie was getting abit too happy for my liking.

》》》》》Time Skip《《《《《

After an hour with chirpy-Katie, the bell rang. But before I left Katie handed me some paper. I thanked her and rushed off, not looking at the paper.

When I entered the music room Jake was sat, tuning his guitar. I coughed letting him notice my presence. He smiled then frowned. He opened his mouth to say something but I interupted.

"Hey I met your cousin. She was abit too happy but I can get used to it. She also gave me music for a duet. So please can we just sing then talk?" I pleaded, he chuckled and nodded as I handed him the paper with the words 'Little Do You Know' By Alex and Sierra.

"[Ella:]
Little do you know
How I'm breaking while you fall asleep
Little do you know
I'm still haunted by the memories
Little do you know
I'm trying to pick myself up piece by piece

Little do you know
I need a little more time

Underneath it all I'm held captive by the hole inside
I've been holding back for the fear that you might change your mind
I'm ready to forgive you but forgetting is a harder fight

Little do you know
I need a little more time."

"[Jake:]
I'll wait, I'll wait
I love you like you've never felt the pain,
I'll wait
I promise you don't have to be afraid,
I'll wait
The love is here and here to stay
So lay your head on me

Little do you know
I know you're hurting while I'm sound asleep
Little do you know
All my mistakes are slowly drowning me
Little do you know
I'm trying to make it better piece by piece

Little do you know
I, I love you 'til the sun dies."

"[Jake & Ella:]
Oh wait, just wait
I love you like I've never felt the pain,
Just wait
I love you like I've never been afraid,
Just wait
Our love is here and here to stay
So lay your head on me

I'll wait (I'll wait), I'll wait (I'll wait)
I love you like you've never felt the pain,
I'll wait (I'll wait)
I promise you don't have to be afraid,
I'll wait
The love is here and here to stay
So lay your head on me
Lay your head on me
So lay your head on me."

"[Jake:]
'Cause little do you know
I, I love you 'til the sun dies."

By now Ella and Jake's faces were inches away from each other.

"Now we talk."