Chapter 2: she wasn't you.

Start from the beginning

"Y/N go sleep babe," she said pouting when seeing you start to drift off a bit again.

You widened your eyes in hopes to wake yourself up.

Iris laughed at the way your face seemed to turn.

"You sure you're alright?"

Iris giggled, nodding as she tried to push you off the couch.

Sighing, you slowly got off. "Alright alright," you chimed as you managed to get onto your feet.

The woman pushed at your butt when you stopped and talked down at her again. You laughed as she scolded you, her form still on the couch.

"Did you want to change?" you asked softly, looking down at Iris's clothing.

"No, I'm alright," Iris said chuckling, "I'll come cuddle up to you later. Go go."

She waved you away and you smiled sweetly down at her.

Squeezing at her bare shoulder, you dragged your feet over towards the stairs. It was a surprise that you actually made it up the staircase.

Iris sighed, smiling at the thought of you. Flipping through a few channels on to the TV, Iris stalled her time as she continued to watch whatever the channels showcased so late at night.

Trying not to think about Yoongi, her brows furrowed lightly at the memory of the text messages from Racy. He's still talking to her?

Head lightly resting on the couch, she pulled her knees up to her chest, sitting cuddled up to herself, her thoughts roamed.

The front door opened.

Almost jumping off the couch at the loud sound that overpowered the soft volume of the TV, Iris snapped her head over at the hall where she say a form start to walk into the living room.

Swallowing harshly when she saw an oblivious Shawn walk in, he seemed to freeze immediately in his spot by the entrance when seeing her.

"Hi," she popped quick, her legs moving instantly down onto the couch. She pulled down at her dress, covering her thigh.

He eyed her curiously.

"Yeah," he said confused as he slowly looked up at the staircase, moving into the living room, "What you doing here?"

Iris twitched uncomfortable on the couch as he placed his keys and wallet onto the coffee table before her. Standing straight, he gazed down at her form.

"Y/N said you wouldn't be back," Iris slowly let out, "didn't you have a date?"

He smiled a smug little grin.

Iris twitched again.

"I'm surprised I came home too," he said chuckling as he peeled off his jacket, "I usually get lucky the night of the date but I guess not with this chick."

"Oh," Iris said grinning, "she didn't give it up to you? Mad respect for the girl."

Shawn rolled his eyes at the teasing tone as he tossed his jacket on to the couch next to Iris.

Iris shivered a bit at the breeze the jacket caused mid-air. The arm of the jacket seemed to land on her thigh. She whacked it off, suddenly uncomfortable again.

He was oblivious to her discomfort.

"She was cool," Shawn said shrugging as he unbuttoned a bit at his collared shirt.

He looked down at her as he slowly unbuttoned the top of his shirt. Iris seemed to be staring at the ground, almost scared to look over at him. Eyeing her all dressed up, his brows furrowed. "Why all pretty?" he asked softly, smiling sweetly at her when her eyes shot up to meet his.